This is going to be your NEW FAVORITE Macaroni and Cheese Recipe…go ahead and give it a try…I dare you! This Italian Macaroni and Cheese Recipe is one of our very favorites. Make it when you need a great comfort food meal.
So cheesy and full of flavor, this is a mac and cheese recipe the whole family will love…especially the adults! It also is a meal that doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, so you can whip it up on those crazy weeknight evenings.
With the cold weather outside, this is the perfect meal for this time of year. Add it to your recipe rotation! I really think you are going to enjoy this one!
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Italian Macaroni and Cheese
12 oz Elbow Macaroni
6 TBSP Butter
1/3 cup Flour
2 ½ cups Milk
¾ cup Chicken Broth
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Pepper
½ tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Dried Basil
12 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 cup Parmesan, shredded
Fresh Basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cook the macaroni until al dente and drain the macaroni in a colander.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Increase heat to medium, add the flour and cook 2 minutes whisking constantly.
- Raise the heat to medium high and slowly whisk in the milk a ½ cup at a time. Whisk until smooth after each addition.
- Keep whisking until it starts to simmer, continue whisking, and slowly whisk in the Chicken Broth.
- Add the ground mustard, salt, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and basil; whisk to combine.
- Add the cheeses a handful at a time whisking until the cheese completely melts between each addition.
- Add the al dente macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 13″x9″ pan and bake at 400˚ until bubbly and browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh Basil.
Makes 8 servings.
If you loved this post, I would love for you to pin it!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.