The Ring Doorbell protects your home right from your front door. A great addition to your smart home, this video doorbell has a live feed that allows you to watch over and protect your home from unwanted visitors. You can also communicate with someone on the other side of the door with video and speaker technology.
I have partnered with the Home Depot to share with you some of our favorite Smart Home applications that we love using in our own home! Recently we highlighted a couple of different products in our Smart Home Ecosystem that you can check out if you are interested…Roku Tv and Tile Mates.
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
Today I am reviewing our Ring Video Doorbell Pro. I love the functionality of the Ring. I also love the extra added security the doorbell camera brings. With the holiday season upon us, I love that we can see who is coming to our door. We can also keep an eye on who comes and goes…and get notified when a package is delivered…which can lessen the chance of it getting stolen. In today’s world, it’s nice to be able to monitor your home right from your smart phone or tablet!
WHAT IS A RING DOORBELL?
A Ring Doorbell has a real-time video feed that connects to your home Wi-Fi network. The Ring Doorbell sends real-time notifications to your smart phone or tablet when someone comes to your door. You can then monitor who is coming or leaving in your home as part of your smart home security network.
HOW DOES THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL WORK?
There are a few different versions of the popular Ring Video Doorbells, but all of them connect to your home Wi-Fi network once it’s mounted and sends you alerts when motion is detected or when someone rings the doorbell.
The Ring Doorbell is either hard wired to a power source, like a regular doorbell, or has a rechargeable battery that allows you to remove the Ring and charge it via lightning cable and no further installation is required.
Then you will need to download and connect the Ring doorbell to your smartphone via the Ring App. This app allows you to view an HD video stream of the person at your door and speak to them using two-way audio communication.
HOW TO INSTALL A RING DOORBELL
The installation process of your new video doorbell is really simple. Follow the directions below and your ring doorbell will be up and running in no time.
- Charge and install the battery. Install the battery even if you are going to hardwire the doorbell. This will provide a backup in the case of a power failure.
- Download the Ring app on your phone. Then follow the directions to begin the initial set up of your ring doorbell. This process is super easy to follow.
- Install the battery and complete the app setup. You will need to connect the ring doorbell to your home wifi network. Press the button on the upper right corner of the Video Doorbell 2 and select the Ring Wi-Fi network in your phone’s settings. Return to the Ring app, select your local Wi-Fi network and enter the password to connect.
- Turn off power to your current doorbell. Be sure to disconnect the power to your doorbell by turning off the circuit breaker. Then you can uninstall and remove your old doorbell.
- Prep the wall for installation. You might need to patch holes where your old doorbell was. Then place the ring doorbell where you want to attach it permanently and mark where you will need to drill holes and attach the doorbell.
- Attach the doorbell wires. Connect the two doorbell wires to the two screws on the back of the Video Doorbell. Make sure they’re connected and mount the doorbell using the included screws. Attach one of the faceplates that are provided to complete your hardware installation.
- Turn power on at your circuit breaker.
FEATURES OF THE RING DOORBELL
There are a few different versions of the Ring depending on what you are looking for in a video camera doorbell. All versions include the following features:
- Two-way talk function
- video turns on when motion activates it within a 30 foot range
- Video footage recorded day and at night using infrared for night vision
- Streams live footage that you can view on the Ring app
- Sends you an alert when the camera detects motion
- Store video footage in the cloud to retrieve if needed later to review
- ability to connect with neighbors to see their footage to keep the neighborhood safe
WHERE CAN I BUY A RING DOORBELL?
Ring doorbells can be purchased at your local Home Depot or online from Home Depot! I have the Ring Doorbell Pro and love it! It is so nice to be able to monitor what is happening right outside my home…especially if we are away.
I have one more smart home product review to share with you next week, so be sure to stay tuned.
What Smart Home Devices are you using in your home and loving right now?
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.