This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for the perfect Baking Gift Idea for your friends who love baking? Make these adorable North Pole Christmas Hot Pads! An easy iron on project with your Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore machine. Follow our simple step-by-step tutorial to make some today!
DIY GIFT IDEAS
You guys know how much I love using my Cricut machines to make and create fun and beautiful projects! The holiday season provides so many great opportunities for me to create. If you are anything like me, you love to give gifts to friends and family that are creative, unique and meaningful! So I always enjoy the challenge of coming up with some new DIY gift ideas every new Holiday Season!
BAKING GIFT IDEA
This year, I thought it would be fun to create these adorable Christmas Hot Pads for all of my friends and family who love baking! There are quite a few of them, and these hot pads are easy and inexpensive to make which is perfect if you have several people you are buying gifts for! And since almost everyone loves baking holiday goodies, these North Pole Christmas Hot Pads make a cute and practical gift idea.
HOW TO MAKE IRON ON HOT PADS
I have a simple step-by-step tutorial today to show you how you can make your own iron on hot pads for the perfect baking gift idea! You will need the following materials to get started:
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR HOT PADS
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 Wild Rose
- Cricut EasyPress
- EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Iron On
- Cricut Tools
- Light Grip Cut Mat
- Hot Pads (these are the ones I used)
- hand towel (optional)
- white tea towel (optional)
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING HOT PADS
- Click on the green button “Make It” below to make this project in Cricut Design Space.
- Load the iron on material on a light grip mat with the shiny side down.
- Cut the iron on material with your Cricut Machine. Be sure to select the material as iron on and then mirror your image.
- Set the Cricut EasyPress temperature and timer to the setting that is recommended for your base material. Use this Interactive Quick Reference Guide to find the right settings.
- Preheat your base material with Cricut EasyPress for the recommended time in the Reference Guide.
- Then place your Cricut EasyPress onto your material and apply pressure for 1-3 seconds to pre-heat the material.
- Place your iron on cut onto your makeup bag and make sure it is centered and where you want it. Apply the easy press to the iron on material for the amount of time and temperature suggested in the reference guide.
- Return Cricut EasyPress into its Safety Base.
- Remove the liner from the applied layer when it has cooled enough to be warm, not hot, to the touch. This is known as a warm peel.
*If you are interested, you can check out the latest Cricut Maker tools that I reviewed earlier here! Lots of fun ways you can use them this holiday season!
DIY CHRISTMAS HAND TOWEL GIFT
You can also make a Christmas Hand Towel using the same design! I love that this hand towel adds just a fun touch of holiday decor! You can use it for your holiday baking, as a Christmas decoration in your kitchen, or give it away as a useful and unique holiday gift idea! Simply follow the same directions above but use a hand towel as your material. You may need to use a different heat setting on your EasyPress…simply check out the EasyPress guide I linked to above for the different heat and time settings!
Wrap up your hot pad with a coordinating hand towel and add some cute wrapping elements like ribbons, a cookie cutter, small wire whisk or a green wreath to make the gift wrapping a little extra special!
What are your favorite kinds of gifts to give during the Holidays?
OTHER GIFT IDEAS
Check out some of our past DIY gift ideas that are perfect for your gift giving needs this Christmas season!
- The Idea Room’s Favorites–Gift Guides
- Mason Jar Gift Ideas
- 50 of the BEST DIY Gifts
- 20 Christmas Printable Gift Ideas
- Neighbor Gift Ideas
- DIY Gift Basket Ideas
- Best Gift Ideas for Him
OTHER NORTH POLE IDEAS
- North Pole Produce
- North Pole Christmas Crate
- North Pole Christmas Gift Tags
- Christmas Planner
- Elf on the Shelf
- Printable Letter to Santa
HOLIDAY COOKIES RECIPE EBOOK
Did you know we have a great collection of Holiday Cookies that we have shared here on The Idea Room? Check out our Holiday Cookie Recipe Ebook! Simply go here to see all the delicious recipes we have included. We have all your Holiday and Christmas Cookie needs covered!
If you would like to grab your copy of our Holiday Cookie Recipe eBook, simply click on the link below to learn more!
*We have a Homemade Candy Recipe eBook too if you are interested! If you love cookies and need some great recipes for you holiday parties this year, you can check that out by clicking in the link below!
**And we have a really cute Printable Recipe Binder Kit available to add all your new holiday candy and cookie recipes too! Along with the recipes you already use as a family! To learn more about that, you can click on the button below!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.