Dinner time is a pretty busy time at our house with a couple of teenagers and their schedules. As a family though, we always try to eat dinner together, even though it can be difficult some nights. So I have been forced to come up with some dinner options that are quick and easy.
Shrimp Scampi has been a dinner that ALL of the kids have enjoyed, which is not always an easy with 7 different palates. So when a meal is enjoyed by ALL, it gets thrown into our recipe rotation, like this Shrimp Scampi recipe.
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 2 lbs raw shrimp (peeled and deveined) or pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 cup butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes stirring constantly so they don’t burn.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until they are pink in color.
- Add wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another two minutes.
- Drain pasta and rinse with hot water.
- Pour shrimp mixture over the pasta and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
This is a very quick and easy recipe that you can whip up on a very busy night. It takes me about 20 minutes from start to finish to prepare this meal…and it saves us from getting a “quick” meal from a fast food place that may not be as healthy of a choice.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!