Are you hosting Thanksgiving dinner at your house this year? I love to have Holiday Appetizers for my guests to munch on while they are waiting for the actual meal to be cooked. Today, I have gathered several mouthwatering and festive easy Thanksgiving Appetizers that are sure to have your guests asking for the recipes.
WHAT IS THE TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING MENU?
If you are unfamiliar with the traditional American Thanksgiving Menu, you can expect to be served the following.
- Stuffings and Dressings
- Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Sweet Potatoes and/or Yam Sides
- Vegetable Sides
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF APPETIZERS?
Typically there are three different types of appetizers.
- Cocktails–Cocktails usually consist of vegetables, fruit, or seafood mixtures.
- Canapes.–Canapes are bite-size bits of savory food spread on an edible base and attractively garnished or decorated. A variety of bread cutouts, crackers, or biscuits may be used as a base.
- Hors d’oeuvres–Hors d’oeuvres are usually highly-flavored mixtures of various foods which have been designed to eat with your fingers or from cocktail picks (or toothpicks).
WHEN SHOULD YOU SERVE THANKSGIVING APPETIZERS?
Really this can be up to the host when to serve. But usually, I feel like appetizers should be served about an hour or two before your actual Thanksgiving Meal. This way you can give your hungry guests a little appetite boost with delicious foods they can snack on and help them get hold over their appetites for the big meal. It can also buy you a little extra time to finish up the last minute details for your Thanksgiving Dinner. Appetizers can keep your guests happy and entertained while they play games, watch football while waiting to eat.
If you don’t want to serve any appetizers before the meal, you can always take an appetizer and use it as a side dish to your main meal.
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR THANKSGIVING APPETIZERS?
This list could be quite extensive, but typically these are some pretty classic Thanksgiving appetizer recipes that tend to make an appearance before your Thanksgiving feast.
THANKSGIVING APPETIZER SERVING DISHES AND SUPPLIES
I went ahead and found some of the best serving dishes and supplies that you might need for serving your appetizers to your Thanksgiving guests.
- serving platters
- serving bowls
- serving bowl with handles
- charcuterie board
- chip and dip plate
- divided serving bowls
- serving spoons and forks
- toothpicks or cocktail picks or https://rstyle.me/+0L0yTrH90lxcHzjhuyDhdgappetizer forks
- soup bowl and soup ladle
- gravy boat
- appetizer tongs
EASY THANKSGIVING APPETIZER RECIPES
- Easy Dinner Rolls from The Idea Room
- Turkey Veggie Tray from Lil Luna
- Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts and Pecan Nuts Salad from The Idea Room
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Simply Home Cooked
- Crispy Cheese Baked Broccoli from Instruxpics
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers from Wondermom Wannb
- Shrimp Cocktail from Foodie Crush
- Cranberry Brie Bites from I Heart Naptime
- Whipped Goat Cheese Spread from Julie Blanner
- Chips and Corn Dip from The Idea Room
- Easy Spinach Puff Pastry from Lil Luna
- Caramelized Onion Dip from Salt and Baker
- Cheesy Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip from The Idea Room
- Artichoke Dip from Momsdis
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip from oh, sweet basil
- Tomato Basil Tortellini Spinach Soup from The Idea Room
- Cheddar and Chive Pumpkin Cheese Ball from Jam Hands
- Pigs in a Blanket from Cookies and Cup
- Turkey Cheese Tray from Also, That’s I
- Cheese and Garlic Pull Apart Bread from RecipeTin Eat
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread from she wears many hat
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs from Tadka Past
- Sweet Potato Bites from King’s Hawaiia
- Turkey Cheese Ball Bites from Apron String
- Asiago Potato Stacks from A Family Feas
- Cheese Ball Turkey from Handmade in the Heartlan
- Turkey Fruit Platter from Not My Ow
- Turkey Cranberry Appetizers from High Heels and Grill
- Cranberry Relish Crostini from Home Wor
- Cranberry Maple Baked Brie from Will Bake for Smile
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Pralines from This Silly Girl’s Kitche
- Apple Cider Slushies from Clean and Sensibl
- Mini Gruyere Puffs from BH
- Saucy Apricot ‘n’ Spice Meatballs from BH
- Carmelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Table for Tw
- Crock-Pot Maple Pumpkin Chex Mix from Averie Cook
- Cheddar Fondue from BH
- Pumpkin Pie Spice with White Chocolate Caramel Popcorn from Cooking Class
- Cran-Raspberry Brie Bites fro the curvy CARRO
- Cornucopia Turkey Rolls from Diamonds for Desser
- Apple, Brie and Honey Bruschetta from the craving chronicles
HOW DO YOU HOST A SIMPLE THANKSGIVING?
Have you seen my Thanksgiving Planner? I created it years ago to help me simplify and get organized for Thanksgiving. I love how it keeps me organized and on track so I can break up all the work that can go into this thanksgiving feast. Breaking it into manageable chunks allows you to get ready in advance over several days so you don’t wear yourself out and are able to enjoy the day with your family and friends!
THANKSGIVING RECIPES EBOOK
To learn more or grab your copy of our Thanksgiving Recipes eBook for $2.99, click on the button below!
Click here for more Delicious Party Appetizers
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.