Who says you can’t have a pretty and functional area under the kitchen sink. Sharing my tips and tricks for under kitchen sink organization.
If you are just joining us, let’s get you caught. You can find the past days of our 10 Day Organization Challenge by clicking on the links below and you can catch me sharing daily on my Instagram Stories here.
- Paperwork: Day One
- Fridge: Day Two
- Craft Room: Day Three
- Laundry Room: Day Four
- Linen Closet: Day Five
- Pantry: Day Six
- Drawers: Day Seven
- Bathroom: Day Eight
Kitchen Sink Organization Tips
Under the kitchen sink is an area that does not usually inspire beauty and organization. Is your kitchen sink cupboard usually a catch all area for the kitchen…think cleaners, trash cans, scrub brushes and dish soap…it doesn’t have to be the ugly and unkempt black hole of the kitchen. I will be sharing some under the kitchen sink organization ideas that can inspire you to clean up your space so that it is functional, clean, organized and clutter-free. Who wouldn’t love that?
With a little work and planning you can take one of the most used cabinets in the kitchen nice and tidy.
- Clean It Out. I like to get the cleaning supplies, bottles, sponges and more all out. After, I get everything out and look at it in the light of day. Go through all your cleaners, sponges and scrub brushes that have accumulated behind closed doors. Discard anything that is old, broken or simply shouldn’t be stored there.
- Measure & Line Your Cabinet. I use a water-resistant shelf liner to protect my cabinets from dripping sponges and cleaning supplies.
- Work Around Obstructions. Using several two-tiered under sink organizers is one way to solve the problem. They help you make use of the vertical space and the pull-out drawers keep items from getting lost in the back of the cabinet.
- Make Items Easy to Grab. If you tend to store cleaning supplies that you use in other areas of your house, you may want to consider keeping them organized in an easy-to-grab tote. It will make it easy to use what you need and get it put neatly back when you’re finished. A Lazy Susan is another good option for making smaller bottles and supplies easy to grab.
- Make Use of the Doors. I think the cabinet doors are an ideal place to store everything from trash bags and shopping bags to paper towels and sponges.
Under Kitchen Sink Organization Products
Here are some of my favorite kitchen sink organization products that are sure to help you keep your space neat and tidy.
- cabinet door storage
- 2 drawer shelf
- stackable bins
- lazy susan
- white storage bin
- cleaning caddy
- shelf rack
- slide out baskets
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.