If there’s one place we could all use unlimited storage, it’s the bathroom. There is a wide variety of products to keep organized and store. Not all bathrooms are made the same or have the same amount of storage space. These bathroom organization ideas will help you make the most of your space, large or small bathrooms.
HOME ORGANIZATIONIf you are just joining in, or need to catch up you can find the past days on the links below and you can catch me daily on my Instagram Stories here.
- Paperwork: Day One
- Fridge: Day Two
- Craft Room: Day Three
- Laundry Room: Day Four
- Linen Closet: Day Five
- Pantry: Day Six
- Drawers: Day Seven
How to Organize Your Bathroom
1. DECLUTTER FIRST.When you organizing the bathroom cabinet, it should always start with a good decluttering session. Get rid of any old make up or products or toiletries that you just don’t use anymore. There is no use to hold onto them if you haven’t used them recently. There’s no point organizing and storing stuff that you don’t use or need! Just keep the essentials.
2. KEEP THE COUNTERS CLUTTER-FREE.Keep as few items out on the counters as possible and use a tray to store any products that you do want out. This creates a tidier look and makes it easier to clear off your counter for cleaning. It can also be a part of the decor of your space. Keep the items out of the way so you have space to get ready when you need it.
3. USE DRAWER DIVIDERS.Using drawer dividers allows of of your “stuff” a specific place to be put away and stored. This can make it much quicker and easier to find what you’re looking for…and to clean up after you have finished using it. When you have this system in place you rarely need to clean because you clean up as you get ready for the day. You can even add some drawer liner if you’d like to add your own touch!
4. HAVE A CADDY FOR EACH MEMBER OF THE FAMILYI have a caddy for every family member in their bathrooms. I find this keeps their daily items in an easy to grab carry case that they can pull out and put away with ease. This has really helped cut back on the messy and cluttered bathrooms.
5. ADD A LAUNDRY BIN.Keeping a laundry bin in the bathroom makes it a little easier for those wet towels and washcloths to find a proper placement…although sometimes they still end up on the floor…or the bed…(gah!) Haha! And when it’s time to wash them, I simply have one of the kids bring it into the laundry room.
6. HANG TOWELS FROM HOOKS INSTEAD OF TOWEL BARS.I have replaced all the bathroom towel bars in our home with hooks. This has made a huge difference in our towel situation and the overall look of the bathroom. Each person has their own hook for their towel in their bathrooms. With three girls sharing one bathroom, this has helped keep the room a little more organized.
7. USE CLEAR ACRYLIC CONTAINERS.Clear containers give your room a nice and cohesive look. You can see into the bins and helps you find items quickly to use and to put away. They can also stack nicely upon each other allowing you to maximize your cupboard rack and shelves space!
8. ADD LABELS!Labels always make things look a little bit nicer. I love the way they finish off the look of the room and add a little bit of a higher end look! And they make putting away and finding things a breeze. No one in the family can make the excuse of not knowing where to put something away.
Bathroom Organization Products
- Tote caddy
- hot hair tool pouch
- makeup organizer
- large flip top box
- small flip top box
- white storage bin
- basket with handles
- my favorite makeup products
- my favorite hair products
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.