I have another great Slow Cooker Recipe for you that is perfect for a busy weak night dinner recipe. This Slow Cooker White Bean Sausage Spinach Soup is pretty tasty and is so easy to make. This slow cooker soup recipe takes just a few minutes of prep work before you can dump everything in your slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time!
Who doesn’t love dinner recipes that are that easy? With 5 kids and all their busy schedules, this is a recipe that has saved this mom’s sanity on many busy nights! It saves me from creating lots of dirty dishes and spending all my time in the kitchen making a healthy meal for my family.
Slow Cooker White Bean Sausage Spinach Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (12.8 ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 bay leaves
4 cups chicken broth
salt and black pepper, to taste
3 cups baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
*adapted slightly from DamnDelicious
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.