Do you love peanut butter and chocolate…together? I do! They are one of my favorite combinations. If you love Peanut Butter and Chocolate you will love this Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Chips. So, I thought it was time to share with you my favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. These are some of the best (in my opinion) that you can make at home, and I have tried a few different recipes.
I really hate to do this to you this early in the New Year…what with all your New Years Resolutions and such…but it had to be done. This recipe is from none other than my favorite Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. There are a couple of small changes that I make to the recipe which I think makes them extra special! My changes have been marked in red.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
*recipe from BHG with some modifications.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon milk (add this at the very end just to make dough smooth and creamy)
- 1/2 to 1 cup semi-chocolate chips (depending on your preferred chocolate needs)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Add milk (from 1/2 Tablespoon to 1 Tablespoon just enough to make the dough moist and creamy. Add chocolate chips and mix till just incorporated. If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop cookies by scooping them out of the bowl with a spoon dropping them in small balls onto your greased cookie sheets (instead of
rolling them into balls and sugar and then pressing with a fork). Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes about 36 cookies.
These cookies come out so soft and have a really great flavor and texture. Just enough peanut butter to chocolate ratio. I prefer to bake with smooth peanut butter, but if you prefer the chunkified peanut butter knock your self out. Either way I think you are really going to like these.
Let me know if you try them. I would love to hear what you think about these. These are one of my go to recipes because I know they are always going to be a winner. Here are a couple of my favorite Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes…Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake…AND Peanut Butter Cup Cookies…but beware…these may cause unwanted addictions.
Join Us for New Ideas!