There is nothing better than a soft and chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie. Take regular Peanut Butter Cookies up a notch or two by adding Chocolate Chips to them with our perfect peanut butter cookie recipe.
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE
I love a delicious homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie right out of the oven. Today I am sharing our favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. You can make it with or without chocolate chips depending on your chocolate needs!
At our house we prefer using a creamy peanut butter, but if you like nuts, the chunky peanut butter is good too. It totally depends on your taste preferences!
TIPS FOR BAKING COOKIES
There are some secrets to making the perfect cookies. So I am sharing a few of my favorite tips for baking better cookies!
- Soften Your Butter. Most cookie recipes call for softened butter.
- Cream your butter with the sugar so that it is soft and smooth in consistency.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Measure your flour correctly with a scoop and level it off with a knife. Too much flour will make a drier cookie.
- Line your pans with parchment paper.
- Add flour or dry ingredients in batches and mix in between each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Space cookies evenly on baking sheet.
- Cook one pan at a time…if you can and have the patience :)!
- Use an ice cream scoop to create the perfect round cookie.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before setting them onto a cooling rack.
IF YOU LOVE COOKIES, CHECK OUT THESE:
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Butter Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon Drop Cookies
- Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- Swig Sugar Cookies
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Make sure you have a lot of ice cold milk on hand before baking these cookies. You might want to double or even triple this recipe so there are plenty of cookies to go around. These cookies freeze well, and can keep up to 3 months in an air-tight ziplock baggie in the freezer…that is if they even make it that long!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon milk add this at the very end just to make dough smooth and creamy
- 1/2 to 1 cup semi-chocolate chips optional, depending on your preferred chocolate needs
In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
Add milk (from 1/2 Tablespoon to 1 Tablespoon just enough to make the dough moist and creamy. Add chocolate chips and mix till just incorporated.
If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Drop cookies by scooping them out of the bowl with a spoon dropping them in small balls onto your greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Leave the chocolate chips out if you prefer a traditional peanut butter cookie recipe. Use creamy or chunky peanut butter depending on your taste preferences.
BEST PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
*updated and re-shared recipe!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.