Hostess Gift | Hand Stamped Wooden Utensils

Yesterday I shared with you these fun Hand Stamped Wooden Spoons as part of our monthly free printable blog hop.  Today I am going to show you how you can make some too.  I love these!  I think they would make a great Thanksgiving Hostess Gift or a Christmas gift…don’t you?

hostess-gift

I picked up a set of wooden utensils from Home Goods.  And used my metal stamping set to stamp letters into each handle.

hostess-gift-2.png

I picked up my stamping set from Harbor Freight and used the 1/4 inch size.

Thanksgiving-gift

Then to make sure that the words were spaced evenly and I didn’t run out of room when I started stamping, I wrote the word on the handle (in pencil) so that I would know about where place the letters.

Thanksgiving-table

Be sure to stamp them on a flat concrete surface.  Then I erased the pencil marks.  To make the words dark simply fill in the impression with a thin Black Sharpie marker.

gift-ideas

That is it! The fun part is that you can really personalize the utensils with your own special words!  Isn’t this such a simple gift idea?  Loving them!

Thanksgiving

hostess-gift

Comments

1. [email protected] says

I absolutely love this idea and I already have a set of those stamps!

2. Holly says

I love this idea! So simply and classy. Thank you so much for sharing it. Now to get a set of those stamps and get working.

3. Dawnelle says

I think I just figured out what I am going to do for neighbor gifts for christmas. Thank you so much!!

Yay! I love when my readers actually do one of the things I share here! Makes me happy!! Thanks so much for sharing that with me!

4. Jasi says

Really cute idea. I’ve always gone with a bottle of wine, a basket of cookies or muffins. Really traditional food/hearth hostess gifts but I should really consider kitchenwares, especially the ones I liked best. Your spoons inspire, they look like a little bouquet. Adorable.

My mother in law saw me “like” this on Facebook and now has asked me to make a set for her to use as a hostess gift at Thanksgiving with the other side of her family! She’s just not crafty – and too busy..Thank you for such a wonderful tutorial! I can only imagine the OTHER holiday words I can do on them for other gifts in the future! This is wonderful…thanks Amy!

haha! You are so nice! Yes! So many fun options. I already have one idea for Christmas I am sharing here later! So many fun possibilities!

Yes! I did! I will go back and add that in the instructions! It helps to keep the spoons from getting scraped up on the back…just be sure to not get a really soft one as it will make it harder to stamp.

I love these! They would make perfect gifts! I had no idea I could get a stamp set at Harbor Freight. Guess where I’m stopping on my way home tomorrow. :)
    Thanks for this awesome idea!
    Kelly

Yes!! Thanks for remembering to share that here so that others can use one. I got my stamps a few years ago….

7. Kathryn says

What a great idea! I was just looking at my metal stamps, sitting there unused, and thinking I needed to do something with them. Perfect! Thank you!!

So many possibilities with these for gift ideas! I have a couple more ideas for some fun gift ideas! Would love to see yours if you make some!

8. Nancy says

Thank you for sharing this! I love it! You should get a commission from Harbor Freight because I’m about to order these stamps from them online. But, I’ve never used them. Do you just hit them with a regular hammer? Anything a first-time user should know?

9. Nancy says

Looks awesome. You can also you a hot stamp tool for this. They are at many craft stores and can be ordered online also. This tool is handy for some many projects.

10. Louise says

I love this idea. Where did you find the flat handle wooden utensils, I’ve only seen the round handled ones. Love to do this for Christmas.

I found them at Home Goods. I have also seen some similar at Target. The Home Goods was a better deal though.

I love this… I am going to make some of these and put it in a welcome home baskets for some of my neighbors that are just returning home after their homes was flooded from Superstorm Sandy…. This will be the “wood” piece in my traditional basket.

12. Allison says

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! How did you get your letter to line up and look so perfect? I tried drawing a line and writing the letters on like you suggest, but it’s not so pretty . . . Any other hints would be GREATLY appreciated!! I love your blog!!

13. cory waters says

WOW. I found your site looking for crafts for wooden spoons and so the pics of your stamped spoons. This year our family has gone through some tough medical issues and for Thanksgiveing wanted to get some grateful gifts. I love this idea but worried it may be too hard. It seems fairly easy. Then I came upon your sugar scrubs, again WOW. I know have my seasonal and birthday gifts. Just wondering about 2 things if you can answer, You are a busy woman. With the spoons the sharpie was so precise, does the fine point sharpi just cover the words pretty easily . tips on any smears? Also on the Coconut Lime scrub, somebody mentioned about shredded coconut and the drain, any tips? Thank you again for your wonderful site, and any feedback greatly appreciated. Whew! Sorry I took too long.

14. Catherine says

I was just wondering if you could use a darker wood stain to highlight the words rather than a sharpie. Giving them as gifts, i would rather they be less likely to fade.

15. Terri says

Success! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful idea! My husband suggested that I stain instead of ink and then he sanded them lightly and sprayed a little vegetable oil on them; washed thoroughly and they turned out great! They are now part of a shower gift for my soon-to-be daughter in law. Thanks again!