Have you started with your Spring Cleaning yet? Sharing this FREE Printable Spring Cleaning Challenge. It’s A 25 day challenge broken into a manageable chore a day so your entire house gets organized and clean.
I LOVE this time of year. There is just something about opening the windows and letting the fresh breeze blow through the house. I also love decluttering the house and making everything spic and span.
Even though the process can be a big undertaking, especially when you are in the middle of it, it is always so worth it when you are finished. Don’t you just love how you feel when your house is in order. I always feel so accomplished…plus I love checking off my “to do” items. It can be so satisfying!
CLEANING SUPPLY LIST
Some of my favorite cleaning products I regularly use for Spring Cleaning my home include the following:
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. The perfect wipe for all surfaces, including stainless steel, finished hardwood, mirrors and glass. Cleans 99.999% of bacteria (including cold and flu viruses), protecting you from viruses and allergens while cleaning your home.
Pine Sol Lemon. Powerfully cleans and deodorizes leaving a fresh clean scent. Cuts through tough grease, grime, dirt, and dust on multiple surfaces which includes floors, sinks, counter, stoves, bathtubs, showers and tile.
Glad Garbage Bags with Antimicrobial Odor Protection. A guaranteed strong hold with antimicrobial protection from odors around your home for secure disposal of your garbage. The Glad Garbage Bags are also perfect for holding items to be donated to the thrift store or your favorite charity.
You can pick up all your favorite cleaning supplies at your local Walmart. Be sure to check out Walmart’s brand page which offers bundles here.
CLEANING CHECK LIST
And because I love lists and pretty printables, I created a fun Cleaning Printable to help you get your Spring Cleaning done. This cleaning list can help you get your house in tip top shape in just 25 days. Simply tackle one of the chores each day for 25 days. You don’t have to do it in the order I have listed. Choose a chore that you can do for the time you have that day. Thinking about Spring Cleaning can be pretty overwhelming, but breaking it down into a manageable chore once a day, can ensure you follow through with it!
Here is what is included in my 25 Day Spring Cleaning Challenge!
- deep clean fridge
- clean stove oven
- clean blinds and curtains
- wash walls
- wash baseboards
- clean linen closet
- clean master closet
- wash windows inside
- clean light fixtures
- clean and organize pantry
- clean office
- clean bathrooms
- wash windows outside
- clean floors
- wipe table and chairs
- deep clean laundry room
- clean car
- clean microwave and kitchen sink
- clean kids closets
- put away and organize toys
- clean garage
- clean kitchen cupboards and drawers
- wash bedding and pillows
- wipe down doors
- clean stairs and stair railings
Below I have provided brief explanations of how I usually clean each of these areas in my home! Additionally, I have provided a few spring cleaning tips!
- Deep clean fridge. Start by taking food items out of refrigerator. Once empty, wipe down all surfaces with a cloth. Place items back into refrigerator, throwing away expired food. Do this same process with freezer.
- Clean stove and oven. Wipe down top of stove and inside oven with cloth or paper towels.
- Clean blinds and curtains. Dust blinds with a duster or a microfiber cloth. Next, vacuum curtains or drapes to get rid of dust and dirt.
- Wash walls. Dust first. Then use soap and water or all-purpose cleaner and clean walls.
- Wash baseboards. Baseboards often get overlooked, but they can be easily dusted with a vacuum or duster and then cleaned with a damp cloth and all-purpose cleaner. Clean baseboards make all the difference!
- Clean linen closet. Fold and organize linens in linen closet.
- Clean master closet. Wash dirty clothes. Vacuum or sweep floor of closet. Fold and put away clean clothes.
- Wash windows inside. Dust and then clean with window cleaner.
- Clean light fixtures. Make sure to dust and clean all areas, including ceiling fans, if applicable.
- Clean and organize pantry. Take out food, wipe down shelves and drawers. Put food back in, throwing away old and expired food.
- Clean office. Clean floors, wipe down tables and chairs, put away clutter.
- Clean bathrooms. Wipe down all surfaces with disinfecting spray and a damp cloth. Clean walls, tile floors, and grout lines, making sure to get rid of mold and grime that may have built up over-time. Scrub toilet with toilet brush. Clean shower, shower curtains, ceilings, and cabinets. To get rid of water stains: pour white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on areas with water stains. Next, wipe down with a damp cloth.
- Wash windows outside. With a soapy water bucket and a sponge, wash outside of windows, making sure to clean all dirt and grime.
- Clean floors. Mop floors, vacuum carpet and area rugs
- Wipe table and chairs. Dust or vacuum, then wipe down with damp cloth and cleaner.
- Deep clean laundry room. Make sure to clean around and behind washing machine.
- Clean car. Clean out trash and put away items. Vacuum upholstery and floors of car. Wipe down doors and windows.
- Clean microwave and kitchen sink. Wipe down inside and outside of microwave. Wash dishes with dish soap or put in dishwasher.
- Clean kids closets. Clean out trash and clutter. Wash dirty clothes. Organize toys and clothes.
- Put away and organize toys. Put away toys from throughout the house and organize into different bins and drawers.
- Clean garage. Clean out trash and clutter. Put away gear, tools, and equipment. Clean garage floor by first sweeping and then moping.
- Clean kitchen cupboards and drawers. Pull out dishes from cupboards and drawers. Wipe out with a damp cloth. Put away clean dishes in cupboards and organize drawers.
- Wash bedding and pillows. Wash all bedding including mattress pads, sheets, blankets, comforters with laundry detergent.
- Wipe down doors. First, dust doors. Second, wipe down with damp cloth and cleaner.
- Clean stairs and stair railings. First, dust stairs and railings or vacuum. Wipe down with damp cloth and cleaner.
To get your FREE Printable 25 Day Cleaning Challenge, simply click on the link below:
Printable 25 Day Cleaning Challenge
Want some more cleaning ideas? Check these out below:
- 10 Tips for a Cleaner Home
- Printable Chore Chart
- Kids Chore Chart
- Chore Card System
- Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Holiday Cleaning Checklist
- Printable Cleaning Labels
- Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- 25 Cleaning Tips
- Laundry Room Organization
- Favorite Organization Products
Now go and get it done! Happy Cleaning Friends!
*This is a sponsored post with Clorox. This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more information.
Many of you may know that I am releasing an Organization Course to help you bring clarity and balance to your life and home. My Organization Course is called The Balanced Home. I am so excited to be able to share with you so many of the tips and tricks I use to keep my home clean and organized with 5 busy children! It makes me so happy to be able to share that with you and help you get on top of your clutter!
If you are interested in learning more about the Organization Course, you can check it out by clicking on the button below. I would love for you to join us!
If you are interested in getting your entire home in order, check out The Balanced Home Organization Course below.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.