This cookie recipe is one of my personal favorites. I LOVE coconut…like a little bit borderline obsessed with coconut. So this is one of the cookies that I need to be careful to be left alone with. I kind of lose self control when we make these. So if you love coconut, you might want to give these Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons a try.
They are especially good dipped in chocolate. You obviously can leave that step out if you prefer to have the macaroons without it…but I think it adds the perfect amount of chocolate to pair with the coconut.
Make them for your next get together and they are sure to be a hit with the entire group.
5 ½ cups shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
⅔ cup flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Melted chocolate, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the coconut and flour until coated. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and both extracts and using a spoon or spatula, blend together to coat.
- Drop rounded, heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the cookie sheets about 1-2″ apart.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes or until golden and lightly toasted.
- Cool completely.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into melted chocolate and let harden before serving.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.