This cookie recipe is one of my personal favorites. I LOVE coconut…like a little bit borderline obsessed with coconut. So this is one of the cookies that I need to be careful to be left alone with. I kind of lose self control when we make these. So if you love coconut, you might want to give these Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons a try.
They are especially good dipped in chocolate. You obviously can leave that step out if you prefer to have the macaroons without it…but I think it adds the perfect amount of chocolate to pair with the coconut.
Make them for your next get together and they are sure to be a hit with the entire group.
5 ½ cups shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
⅔ cup flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Melted chocolate, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the coconut and flour until coated. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and both extracts and using a spoon or spatula, blend together to coat.
- Drop rounded, heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the cookie sheets about 1-2″ apart.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes or until golden and lightly toasted.
- Cool completely.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into melted chocolate and let harden before serving.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.