A few years ago, I shared with you these Candy Cane Heart Suckers! They have always been one of my favorites. They are so easy to make and my kids look forward to making them every time Valentine’s Day rolls back around.
Every Christmas I make sure to grab a box of these mini Candy Canes so that we will be able to make these Heart Suckers. You should still be able to find some on clearance in your local stores or on amazon if you are interested in making some!
mini Candy Canes (2 candy canes for each sucker)
- Lay your silpat or wax paper on your jelly roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Lay out your candy canes so that they make a heart shape and place them so that they lay on top of the sucker stick. This is important because you need it to be attached to the stick.
- Carefully place into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Be sure to stay and watch them very carefully. When they look bendy quickly remove them from the oven. They will only be pliable for a short amount of time. Small batches will work best.
- Bend and mold the candy canes into hearts and press not candy together. They will be hot so be careful not to burn yourself.
- Let cool.
- Melt your almond bark or chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals.
- Spread the melted almond bark in the heart and sprinkle with candy sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool before wrapping up and gifting or eating them.
Wrap them up in some pretty packing and tie it off with some red and white baker’s twine. Attach these free printable Valentine’s Day Gift Tags and give them to your friends and family for Valentine’s Day.
I created a video to show you just how easy it is to make these! Watch this video!
It’s that time of year for Valentines Candy. In addition, I am sharing the following candy recipes below:
- Candy Heart Suckers
- Chocolate Dipped Wafers
- Strawberry Ice Cream Oreo Pie
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Vanilla Raspberry Cake Roll
- Valentine Apple Nachos
- Soft Sugar Cookies
- Non-Alcoholic Daiquiri
- Chocolate Heart Cookies
- Valentine Muddy Buddies
If you have been following along since 2011….Wow!…you might remember that these Candy Cane Heart Suckers were featured in Family Fun magazine! My first magazine feature!
They were featured in their Treat of the Month section. If you look closely, you can see my name in print on the side! An oldie but a goodie for sure!
Want to print the “You Are Sweet” Printables? Simply click on the link below:
*As always, the printables I share here are for your personal use only. Please do not redistribute or share these. Please send family and friends here to download their own. This is how I am able to continue to provide you free content and printables! Thank You!
If you liked this post, I would love for you to pin it! Thanks!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.