One of my favorite cookie recipes, other than our Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are these Molasses Cookies. I like them because they are soft, moist and chewy…and they taste so good.
I prefer mine without the cream cheese icing drizzle, but my kids love the icing drizzle and it does make it pretty for a party if you are going to be serving them up to your guests or friends and family.Print
Molasses Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or butter flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together in a large mixer molasses, buttermilk and eggs until creamy.
- Add in the butter and then mix in the dry ingredients slowly and mix until fully incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color. Do not over bake.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!