One of my favorite cookie recipes, other than our Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are these Molasses Cookies. I like them because they are soft, moist and chewy…and they taste so good.
I prefer mine without the cream cheese icing drizzle, but my kids love the icing drizzle and it does make it pretty for a party if you are going to be serving them up to your guests or friends and family.Print
Molasses Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or butter flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together in a large mixer molasses, buttermilk and eggs until creamy.
- Add in the butter and then mix in the dry ingredients slowly and mix until fully incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color. Do not over bake.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.