Caramelized and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Full of flavor, these Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the perfect addition to your table. The perfect vegetable side dish your whole family will love.
PARMESAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
These Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are so good, your kids will be begging for you to make them. They shouldn’t even be classified as a vegetable when you make them this way because they are just too yummy! When you roast brussels sprouts, it makes them crispy and caramelized on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The parmesan and garlic make these delicious and full of flavor!
WHAT ARE BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Brussels sprouts are tiny cabbage-like vegetables that are named after the Belgian city of Brussels, which has an “S” on the end. Many people misspell them as “brussel sprouts”, but the correct spelling is “Brussels sprouts.”
HOW TO CUT BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Slice off and discard the bottom end of each Brussels sprout, as well as any wilted or discolored leaves. Slice vertically to halve the Brussels sprouts.
- Then place the halves cut-side up to roast.
- You can also thinly slice them horizontally to shred by hand if you want thinner crispier chip like brussels sprouts.
TIPS FOR ROASTING BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- The key is to roast your brussels sprouts in the oven (see details in the next section).
- The important thing here is to make sure your brussels sprouts are spread out and you don’t let the brussels sprouts overlap. If they overlap they’ll steam instead of roast and get soggy. You may need to use 2 sheet pans if you have a lot to roast.
- Cover the brussels sprouts in olive oil. The oil allows them to caramelize and the parmesan and bread crumbs will cling to the sprouts for ultimate flavor.
HOW TO ROAST BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN THE OVEN
These brussels sprouts are so easy and take about 20 minutes to reach perfection!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in both olive oil and melted butter. The oil will caramelize the vegetables in the oven making them extra crispy.
- Coat the brussel sprouts in a parmesan cheese and panko/breadcrumbs mixture, then spread evenly on a tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until crisp and tender.
- Serve immediately for best results.
ROASTED PARMESAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE VIDEO
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Caramelized and crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Full of flavor, these Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the perfect addition to your table.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts halved
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs optional
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
Remove the stem from each sprout and cut in half. Place the brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and toss to cover.
Spread the sprouts onto a baking sheet.
Bake in a 425˚F oven for 20 minutes.
Flip the sprouts, then bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the sprouts are fork-tender and golden.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS SUPPLIES
- Jelly Roll Pan
- Olive Oil dispenser
- Garlic Press
- pastry brush
- kitchen hand towel
- chambray pot holder
- Knife Set (my favorite knives)
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Grilled Salmon
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Baked Ranch Chicken
- Garlic Cheddar Chicken Strips
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Cheesy Potatoes
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.