SIMPLE HEART WREATH IDEASThis wreath is so easy to make but can be a bit time consuming. My hubby was recently out-of-town on business. So, over a couple of evenings I was able to watch some chick flicks and put together this wreath. I love how rich and textured it is. It feels luxurious and looks nice hanging on my front door.
HOW TO MAKE A VALENTINE WREATH
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR HEART WREATH
- Styrofoam Heart (heart-shaped wreath form)
- 1 yard Felt (off the bolt)
- Straight Pins
- Scissors or a Rotary Cutter
- 3 inch circle pattern
- hot glue gun (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE A HEART WREATHFollow my step-by-step instructions to make a heart wreath for your home.
- I used a cup from my cupboard to make a 3 inch circle template.
- Then I cut SEVERAL 3 inch circles out of the felt. No I did not count them.
- Take one of the felt circles and fold it in half to make a half circle and then folded it in half again so it was in quarters. You can hold the bottom easily with a pinch between your fingers to hold its shape.
- Take a straight pin and pin it through the bottom of the point.
- Stick the pin at an angle with the felt into the styrofoam. The angle will help hold it into place.
- Repeat this placing each folded circle close together filling in the spaces.
- Continue the process for the whole wreath. Relax and watch a movie while you work.
- You will not need to do this on the back of the wreath. Attach a ribbon or small circle of yarn to the back of the wreath to hang it. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!
OTHER CUTE WREATHSIf you don’t want to make a heart wreath specifically for valentine’s day wreaths or make a wreath that is the shape of a heart, You can easily buy a form that is round or square to get the same look in a different shape. Then you could use the wreath for other seasons to decorate your home with.
OTHER HEART WREATH IDEASIf you don’t love red or the look of this wreath, you can easily make a few simple adjustments to make it more your style. Here are some ways you can change up this wreath with these other heart wreath ideas.
- add a bow
- use burlap instead of felt
- use strips of fabric or burlap and pin in place
- sprinkle baby’s breath in between some of the circles
- use paper flowers
HEART WREATH VIDEO TUTORIALI created this video tutorial so you can see just how easy it is to create these heart wreaths. Watch the DIY Heart Wreath Tutorial Video here:
VALENTINES DAY DINNERInterested in grabbing the Valentine Party Labels? I am offering them for a great deal at only $3.99! Simply click on the button below!
VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFTSI came up with some other Valentine Crafts and Activities. Sharing them below:
- Valentine Hearts Yahtzee Game
- Valentines Day Table Decorations
- Handprint Activity for Kids
- Valentines Day Sugar Cookie Bars
- Heart Hand Warmers
- Valentines Day Classroom Parties
- Valentines Day Classroom Boxes
- Paper Heart Garland
- Valentines Day Sign
- Valentine’s Day Topiary
- Valentines Day Crafts
- TIssue Paper Kissing Balls
- Sealed with a Kiss
- Candy Cane Heart Suckers
- Love Potion no. 9
- Just a Little Crush
- Tic Tac Valentines
- Heart Bottles and Cookies
- I Chews You Valentine
- Three Valentine Printables
- Chalk Board Mug
- Framed Heart Decor
- Be Mine Décor
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Cookie Pops
- Valentine’s Candy Bark
- Heart Shape Pancakes
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.