Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe

I have received several requests for my Sour Cream Sugar Cookie recipe that I used for making these Chocolate Dipped Candy Corn Cookies. These cookies are so yummy. They are my favorite soft sugar cookie recipe. I have to use Extreme Caution when making these. They disappear very quickly. In fact, I rarely eat any other sugar cookie because in my opinion, they just aren’t as good as sugar cookies with sour cream. With that being said, Here is our recipe. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think if you make some!

Sugar-Cookies

Pin It

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

sour cream sugar cookies 4wm

Combine soda and sour cream in mixer. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Roll out dough till it is about 1/4 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface and cut out with cookie cutters into desired shapes. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned.

sour cream sugar cookies 3wm

I usually double this recipe and freeze half the dough to save and make later.

Valentines-Cookies

Comments

1. Save the Date for Cupcakes says

I make sugar cookies all the time- I'm going to try these the next time I bake;o) They sound yummy!!!

2. Just Rhonda says

I normally HATE sugar cookies! But I'll give these shot! (do you think it would make a difference if I used regular Crisco if I can't find butter flavored?)

3. AmyJoy says

Oooh, thanks for posting this. I will be making them tomorrow once the kiddos get home from school!

You ROCK!
    amy

4. Empty Nest Full Life says

I have a cookie jar to fill for a friend, and these would be great! Thanks for sharing. Jackie

5. Jenny says

I'm scared of the sour cream part! LOL! I love the sugar cookie recipe that my Memaw used to make, it has a bit of orange juice in it.

6. Danee says

Thank you Amy for putting this up. I guess that I missed it. I am making these this week.

7. lesley says

I made these for Halloween! Yours looked so much better than mine, but they did taste good. I actually mixed in some orange zest to half of the recipe and thought it was pretty tasty. I also found that I liked the cookies even better a day or two later. thanks for sharing!

8. Terri says

I made these cookies on the weekend, using a leaf and a pumpkin cookie cutters, they turned out so cute! I love the recipe and will be using it at Christmas time as well. Thanks for a great recipe, it is now in my favorites!

9. Candy W says

They sound delicious and I’m definately going to try them. I’m worried about finding the perfect frosting or icing…