Valentines Yahtzee Game

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching…can you believe it?  It just seems like the days are flying by…yet crawling at the same time!  Anyways, we like to celebrate the actual day of Valentine’s together as a family.  We usually start the morning off with these Heart Pancakes.

We always make sugar cookies and decorate them as a fun activity always within a few days of the holiday and we always celebrate the day by enjoying a nice candlelight dinner for SEVEN!  LOL!  We eat on the fancy plates in our dining room {which admittedly does not get a lot of use}!

Then for the past two years we have topped off our dinner with a fun chocolate fondue party for dessert.  YUMMO!  I thought it would also be fun to play some games together.  We particularly like to play Yahtzee together.  So I came up with this Valentines Yahtzee Game.

Valentines-Yahtzee
Pin It

You will need 5 or 6 square wood blocks that measure 1 x 1 inch.  (I made 6 game dice instead of the usual 5 dice.  It is easier for the little kids to get the needed numbers to do well at this game.  So you can either make 5 or 6 dice and play either “heart” or “hearts” yahtzee).

Paint your dice white (or preferred color) and let dry.  Then print out the dice download which can be found here.  Make sure you print it out the original size.

Heart-Yahtzee

Cut out each individual square.  And put them onto each dice.  Each dice should get a letter and the numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.  You can look at a regular dice to see what goes where.  Mod Podge the fronts and backs of the squares to firmly attach them to the dice.  I gave each dice an additional layer of Mod Podge after the first layer dried.

**Be sure to print these out with a laser printer so that the ink will not run.

heart yahtzee 5

That’s it!  Pretty easy huh?  I am excited to be able to play this and some other games with the family for our Valentine’s celebration.

Heart-Game

This could also be used in a classroom if you have a few kids in each group.

Valentines-Day-Activity

I hope you enjoy it!

Click here to download your copy of the Hearts Yahtzee score card.

Holiday-Yahtzee

Comments

1. Andrea says

Wow! Great idea! Not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but thanks so much for the idea (and file!). I'm planning on using it in my second grade classroom!!

2. The Rowleys says

Thank you so much for this awesome idea! My husband LOVES games (me not so much) and we're doing a thrifty Valentines this year. This Yahtzee game fits the bill perfectly! Can you find those 1×1 blocks at most craft stores?

3. Roy & Rachel says

Thanks for including the downloads! As a teacher, I will be making this and also telling other teacher friends about it. What a great version of the game :)

4. ellie g says

Cub scouts, today….check!

Thanks Amy! I owe you one! I'm gonna get my butt off the couch and go and get this done for den meting.

Do you need me to do an Easter game so that we're even? I'll start thinking! :)

5. Andrea says

We do all the same things..from the sugar cookies to the candlelight dinner for all. Love this game idea. Thanks for sharing all that you do!

6. The Smallest Sparrow says

Absolutely adorable! Love that this promotes good family time on Valentine's Day.

7. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says

How cute is this game!! Love that you have a candlelit dinner with the whole fam!!

8. Fob says

Oh wow! These are unbelievably fun and cute. Thank you so much for sharing. We will be using these for our party Monday!! THANK YOU!!!

9. Laura McDowell says

OMGosh, that is sooo awesome!! I "HEART" dice games. You just made my favorite one amazing. Too bad I'm outnumbered by boys in this house ;)

10. Phaedra says

What a fun game! My Dad always used to give me and my sisters a Valentine's gift too! It made us feel so special!

11. Buffy Summers says

FYI, the scorecard needs to be corrected. HEARTS (i.e., formerly known as Yahtzee) and Chance are reversed.

12. Buffy Summers says

FYI, HEARTS (formerly called Yahtzee) and Chance need to be reversed on the score card.

13. Shelly says

Loved the game – however Google says an error occured and not able to download. Would you be willing to send to e-mail address? Thank you

14. Lara says

I love this idea. However, I can not print the pages. They begin to load and then google says that it has a loading issue. Help!

Lara

15. Natasha Ross says

Ok.. I printed this out and went any bought everything to begin the project, but when I cut the squares to put on the 1X1 cubes that are the same exact ones that are in your picture… the sqaures are to big for the wooden cubes? :(
    Do you have another document where the squares at 1X1?

Natasha