Today I am sharing a very simple but cute Paper Heart Garland that is a fun addition to your Valentine’s Day Decor. You could also make one to decorate your little girl’s room or to add some fun to a bridal shower or as some wedding decor.
This is such a simple idea and just takes a few minutes to make depending on how many hearts you want in your heart garland. I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper because I wanted a larger heart…but you can use smaller strips if you want hearts of different sizes on your Valentine’s Day Garland.
Paper Heart Garland
12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper
- Cut two strips of scrapbook paper for each heart. My paper strips measured 12 x 1 inches each.
- Glue two strips of different colored/patterned paper together with the patterns out (visible). Or use paper that is two sided.
- Fold the strip of paper in half.
- Measure from the top of the folded strip down 3.5 inches and punch a hold through both sides.
- Curve in the tops so that it forms a heart shape and staple the two ends together to form a heart.
- String one heart with twine and leave enough room on the end heart so you can hang your garland. Then tie a knot on one side of the heart. Tie another knot on the other side of the heart.
- String another heart onto the twine and then secure it in place with a knot on each side of the second heart.
- Continue along with each heart until you have all of the hearts on the garland.
Now that you are done, you can hang your new Heart Garland in a room you want to add some cute Valentine’s Day Decor too.
Go ahead and make one for your home today!
I would love for you to share it with your friends and save it for later by pinning it below!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!