I have mentioned before my LOVE for all things cookies. I have shared several cookie recipes here on The Idea Room over the years…and this is one of my favorites! This recipe makes the BEST Soft Sugar Cookies ever. They are the go-to cookie in our home when we need to make holiday cut out cookies.
These cookies are the perfect cookie when you need to make cut out shapes. They don’t spread and hold their shape really well.
These cookies are fun because you can add any flavor of frosting that you want. It tastes great with Chocolate frosting, Vanilla frosting or more flavored frostings like Peppermint Buttercream Frosting.
Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
3/4 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
4 3/4 cups Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine soda and sour cream in mixer.
- Add in the Butter Flavored Crisco, Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla and cream together until smooth.
- Add the Salt, Nutmeg and Flour
- Roll out dough till it is about 1/4 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface and cut out with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned. Do not overbake if you want a soft cookie.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!