Sharing our Best Banana Bread Recipe for you to make and enjoy with your friends and family. So moist, easy and delicious, it will be your new go to Banana Bread the whole family will love.
EASY BANANA BREAD
Our family loves banana bread! Does yours? We have tried several recipes because when I buy fresh bananas, they are either gobbled up quickly or they sit on the counter ignored by everyone. Can you relate?
But I don’t mind because I can take those ripe bananas and turn them into delicious banana bread with our favorite banana bread recipe!
TIPS FOR BAKING BANANA BREAD
- Use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are extra sweet which allow that natural sweetness to shine through.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately. By mixing together the wet ingredients first, you don’t risk overtaxing the bread. Add the dry ingredients and then mix together just to combine them.
- Throw in some extras like nuts, but reserve some to sprinkle on the top of the loaf before baking in the oven.
- Use a toothpick to test banana bread for doneness in three places: left, center and right side.
- Do not overcook the bread. Start checking the loaf of bread about 10 minutes before the cooking time is over.
- Wrap banana bread in plastic wrap while slightly warm to keep it from drying out overnight.
- Banana Bread recipes can be doubled easily. Double the recipe and then freeze the bread slices so that they kids can grab them on the go or throw in their lunch bag.
- We like using long bread loaf pans better than the regular bread loaf pans. I feel like the bread cooks more evenly throughout the middle of the bread. This allows the center of the bread to bake without burning the edges of the bread.
- If your banana bread is starting to get too brown on the top, simply throw a piece of tinfoil over the top of the bread while it is in the oven, before the baking time is up.
BANANA RECIPES CHECK OUT:
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Flourless Muffins
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Bread with Berries
- Overripe Banana Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Blondies
- Cinnamon Banana Cake
- Banana Cake Recipe
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD
This is an easy no fail easy banana bread recipe and it turns out great every time we make it! It is now or go to recipe!
Best Banana Bread Recipe
This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is delicious and moist! A great way to use up those overripe bananas. It will become one of your favorite Quick Bread Recipes!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mashed banana 2 to 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup shortening or butter
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
In a large mixer combine the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed bananas.
Mix in the butter (shortening) and the milk and beat together for about 2 minutes.
Add in the eggs and the flour until well blended. Stir in the nuts if adding them.
Pour batter into a greased bread loaf pan (8 x 4 x 2 inches or the longer 4.5 by 12 inch pan).
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and and golden brown.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and then remove from pan and finish cooling on the wire rack.
Makes one loaf.
When the bread is warm and straight out of the oven, spread on some butter so that it gets all melty, and it becomes the perfect afternoon snack!
Best Bread Pans
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.