Learn how to make this delicious Caprese Kebab appetizer recipe which is perfect for a summer get together.
This fresh summer Caprese Kebab is a perfect appetizer, and it’s one of our favorite secret recipes at Wanderspice. Simple to make and easy to serve.
Adding both a Balsamic reduction and vinaigrette doubles the flavor. The Balsamic reduction adds a sweet tone to these very simple ingredients.
The Balsamic dressing adds a more earthy depth of flavor because of the Italian seasoning.
The heirloom grape tomatoes give it a nice pop of acidity. Combined with the cucumbers and fresh mozzarella these Caprese Kebabs are a healthy addition to any summer meal.
Suggestions and Alternatives:
- If heirloom tomatoes are hard to find, try dicing up some Roma Tomatoes
- When making your Balsamic reduction, keep whisking it constantly and cool immediately
- If you don’t have a round cutter, you can dice your mozzarella
Caprese Kebab Skewers
8 heirloom grape tomatoes skewered
8 slices fresh mozzarella rounds
8 cubed english cucumbers diced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar reduced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar quality
4 tbs. olive oil quality
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tbs. italian seasoning quality
2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a small pot add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- on medium to high heat stir balsamic vinegar until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- once the balsamic reduction coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, refrigerate for 10 minutes and set aside.
Instructions for Caprese Skewers
- gather 5 to 8 inch. skewers
- using a 2 inch round cutter, cut 8 slices of fresh mozzarella
- dice 1 English cucumber into 1/2 in cubes
- alternate mozzarella, cucumbers and grape tomatoes into each skewer
- refrigerate for 5 minutes
Instructions for Balsamic Dressing
- in a small bowl add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 4 tbs. Olive Oil
- add 4 tbs. Italian seasoning
- add 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- whisk for 3 minutes or until completely incorporated.
- taste for salt
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.