Learn how to make this delicious Caprese Kebab appetizer recipe which is perfect for a summer get together.
This fresh summer Caprese Kebab is a perfect appetizer, and it’s one of our favorite secret recipes at Wanderspice. Simple to make and easy to serve.
Adding both a Balsamic reduction and vinaigrette doubles the flavor. The Balsamic reduction adds a sweet tone to these very simple ingredients.
The Balsamic dressing adds a more earthy depth of flavor because of the Italian seasoning.
The heirloom grape tomatoes give it a nice pop of acidity. Combined with the cucumbers and fresh mozzarella these Caprese Kebabs are a healthy addition to any summer meal.
Suggestions and Alternatives:
- If heirloom tomatoes are hard to find, try dicing up some Roma Tomatoes
- When making your Balsamic reduction, keep whisking it constantly and cool immediately
- If you don’t have a round cutter, you can dice your mozzarella
Caprese Kebab Skewers
8 heirloom grape tomatoes skewered
8 slices fresh mozzarella rounds
8 cubed english cucumbers diced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar reduced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar quality
4 tbs. olive oil quality
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 tbs. italian seasoning quality
2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a small pot add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- on medium to high heat stir balsamic vinegar until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- once the balsamic reduction coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, refrigerate for 10 minutes and set aside.
Instructions for Caprese Skewers
- gather 5 to 8 inch. skewers
- using a 2 inch round cutter, cut 8 slices of fresh mozzarella
- dice 1 English cucumber into 1/2 in cubes
- alternate mozzarella, cucumbers and grape tomatoes into each skewer
- refrigerate for 5 minutes
Instructions for Balsamic Dressing
- in a small bowl add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 4 tbs. Olive Oil
- add 4 tbs. Italian seasoning
- add 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- whisk for 3 minutes or until completely incorporated.
- taste for salt
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!