I am a huge fan of Chips and Salsa! They are one of my favorite snacks. If I am craving something salty…it is always Chips and Salsa. One of my favorite Salsas is Chili’s Salsa. So I thought it would be fun to try to make a Copycat Chili’s Salsa Recipe.
I tried a few different recipes and this recipe has been my favorite. It tastes pretty darn close and hits the spot when I have a craving for some Chips and Salsa! At my house everyone loves this Salsa recipe so it gets gobbled up quickly. The only thing we disagree on is the size of the chunks in our Salsa. My husband likes it really chunky…but I prefer no chunks. So we compromise and make ours somewhere in the middle.
Chili’s Salsa Recipe
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes (plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapeños (canned,diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onions (diced)
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place jalapeños and onions in a food processor or your high powered blender.
- Process for just a few seconds.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
- Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
- Place in covered container and chill.
- A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
- Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.
*Recipe found on grouprecipes.com.
You may also be interested in this recipes:
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.