Simple gift idea for mom or grandma. Make this DIY Handprint Art Sign with this tutorial. Mom is sure to love it as much as you do.
I have a simple last minute gift idea that you can make for Grandma or Mom (or both) for Mother’s Day…a Handprint Wall Sign! This is one of the easiest projects and take just a few minutes to create. It is also a fun way to display your cute family in a fun and unique way!
FAMILY HANDPRINT ART
You will need the following to make the Handprint Art Sign:
- a piece of wood long enough to fit a hand for each individual
- paint (I used white craft paint for the hands and red for the heart)
- paint brush
- picture hanger
- vinyl sticker names (optional)
- Sponge the paint onto each hand and press them onto the board. Be sure to accommodate proper spacing between them so that they line up nicely on the wood.
- Fill in any areas that may need a little bit of extra paint if your handprint is too light.
- Paint a small red heart in Mom’s hand (or Grandma’s).
- Include the names at the bottom of each hand using vinyl lettering or stickers.
- Attach a picture or photo hanger on the back or use small nails and a small piece of wire.
RUSTIC WALL ART
I love the weathered board that I used for our sign. It is from an old barn that my friend scavenged for me! I have some really great friends! I just wish I had made this sign years ago when my littles were…well…little! I mean I love it…but I miss my kids when they were little. There little hands and feet. Now most of their hands and feet are larger than mine and/or my husbands…(sigh)!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT
Big hands or small, mom and grandma are going to love it! These are the kind of handprints that you want to keep around forever…long after they leave their handprints all over the fridge or the sliding glass doors!
Now go and make one…one for yourself and one to give away!
GIFTS FOR MOM
- DIY Handprint Wall Sign
- Printable Mothers Day Coupons
- Fingerprint Necklaces
- DIY Personalized Washer Necklaces
- Photo Block Puzzle
- Mother’s Day Succulent Gift
- EOS Mother’s Day Card
- Tissue Paper Flower Pot
- Printable Recipe Book
- Mother’s Day Pillow
- Mother’s Day Sign
- Water Marbled Vase
- Garden Stepping Stones
- Homemade Spa Recipes
- Unique Mother’s Day Gift Ideas