One of the best ways to spend this time of year is playing a Holiday Game with your family! Playing together brings you closer and builds memories. Memories that last forever. So, in honor of the season, here is a fun holiday game we like to call Candy Cane Catch, that you and your family can play together over the next few weeks. Have fun and have spend time together!
HOLIDAY GAME- CANDY CANE CATCH
SUPPLIES FOR HOLIDAY GAMES
- Large Candy Canes (5 per player, or you can take turns, and play for time.)
- Chopsticks (One individual chopstick per person)
- Tape (if you want)
HOW TO SET UP THIS HOLIDAY GAME
- Take a single chopstick and cut a piece of string about 15 inches long.
- Tie one end of the string to the end of the chopstick. (If you have trouble getting it to stay, tie it on and then wrap it with a piece of tape.)
- Tie the other end of the string to the end of the long part of the candy cane so the hook hangs down like a fishing hook.
- YOU WILL NEED ONE OF THESE “FISHING POLES” FOR EACH PLAYER. So make a bunch.
- Next, set up the stations for each player. You will need to take 4 candy canes and lay them flat on the table with the “hook” just hanging over the edge of the table.
- Once your stations are set up it is time to play.
HOW TO PLAY THIS HOLIDAY GAME
- Each person takes the end of the chopstick without the candy cane and puts it in their mouth.
- Without using their hands, you have to use the chopstick candy cane fishing rod and catch the other 4 candy canes that are hanging over the table.
- The first person to catch all 4 candy canes, on their candy cane hook, together, WINS!
MORE HOLIDAY GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Minute to Win It Games
- Favorite Family Board Games
- Outdoor Family Games
- Christmas Advent Calendar
- Evergreen Christmas tree picture
- How to Dry Orange Slices
- Favorite Christmas Books
- Graham Cracker Christmas Houses
- Magic Santa Key
- Christmas Eve Ornament Tradition
- Gingerbread Cookies for Santa
- Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh Christmas gift
- Santa Claus Pancakes
- Reindeer Pancakes
- Santa Gift Tag Printable
- North Pole Christmas Crate
- Magic Reindeer Food
- Nativity Finger Puppets
- DIY Gingerbread House
- Cinnamon Salt Dough Ornaments in Snow Jars
Have a question, or just want to say hello?
Or send me an email. I love making new friends.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.