Make these fun and festive Reindeer Pancakes for your Christmas Morning Breakfast. A great way to celebrate the holiday season with the family! Sharing our simple step-by-step tutorial so you can make some magic with your family and friends!
RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER PANCAKES
Looking for a fun way to make the Christmas Holidays festive for you and the kids? Make some of these adorable Rudolph Pancakes. They are so simple to make and with a little bit of creativity and effort, these pancakes will bring a smile to your little ones (and big ones) faces.
These Reindeer Pancakes are so easy to make, I promise. If you can pour pancake batter onto your griddle into circles you can make these. Whip up some pancakes and let the kids create their own Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Slice some bananas, add whipping cream, raspberries or strawberries! Put on a couple of chocolate chip eyes and these are the perfect way to enjoy your morning…after you open all the presents of course.
If you are making your pancakes from scratch, I have shared our favorite pancake recipe below. You will need the following ingredients to make them.
If you are are using a pre-make pancake mix like Krusteaz, you won’t need to use the ingredients listed above. Simply make the pancakes according to the directions on the package and then follow my instructions below to assemble your reindeer pancakes.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE REINDEER PANCAKES
You will need the following to assemble your reindeer pancakes.
INGREDIENTS IN ADDITION TO PANCAKE INGREDIENTS
- cooked slices of bacon ready to be eaten
- banana slices
- raspberries or strawberries or blueberries for the nose
- whipping cream
- chocolate chips or something for the eyes
- your favorite maple syrup (or try our delicious buttermilk syrup recipe)
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR REINDEER PANCAKES
You will need the following supplies and materials to make your reindeer pancakes for your holiday breakfast!
- griddle or large pan on stove top
- pancake mix or our favorite pancake recipe below
- wire whisk
- wooden spoon
- cooking spray
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- pancake turner or spatula
- kitchen scissors
- hand towel
HOW TO MAKE REINDEER PANCAKES
- Prepare by cooking some strips of bacon so they will be ready to use when your pancakes are ready. Set aside and cover with foil to keep them warm.
- Make your pancake batter and let it sit off to the side.
- Turn on your griddle or heat up your pan after spraying with cooking spray.
- Pour a medium sized pancake (or large circle shape if you are feeding older children or adults) in the shape of a face. Wider at the top and a little smaller at the bottom.
- Pour a small oval or round pancake for the nuzzle of the reindeer (the nose).
- Pour two smaller pancake shapes to create the ears of the reindeer.
- Let them cook fully and then flip them over when they begin to get bubbles on the surface.
- Cook them on the other side until they are golden brown in color.
- Remove from the hot griddle with your spatula and place onto the serving plates so that you reconstruct the reindeer face.
- Then add your fruit slices to create the face, blueberry eyes or chocolate chip eyes and the raspberry nose.
- Add two strips of bacon to create the reindeer antlers.
- Add a couple dollops of whipping cream to create some cute reindeer ears!
- Serve them with your favorite syrup! Enjoy!
TIPS FOR MAKING REINDEER CHRISTMAS PANCAKES
- The secret to getting a great shape, is to pour it out of a container that has a lip or a spout so you have better control of the shape.
- Pour slowly for each individual shape.
- Watch them closely so you can turn them at the right time so they cook properly.
- Just a little lower heat setting so they can cook a little longer and don’t burn.
- if you feel like your pancake shapes don’t look like a reindeer, all you have to do is grab some kitchen scissors and cut or trim the finished pancakes to create better shape.
- Have the fruit garnish you are using to create the facial features and the antlers ready to go so once your pancakes are done, your friends and family can grab and put the reindeer faces together while the pancakes are still warm.
STEP-BY-STEP REINDEER PANCAKES VIDEO TUTORIAL
Here is a video tutorial to show you how to put the pancakes together to form the Reindeer.
FAVORITE EASY PANCAKE RECIPE
Easy Pancake Recipe
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Combine together the flour, sugar (or sweetener), baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl. Make a well in the center and add the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth (there may be a couple of lumps but that's okay). (The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too thick -- doesn't pour off the ladle or out of the measuring cup smoothly -- fold a couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency).
Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER PANCAKES
Store any unused pancakes and leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
See how easy that is? Start a new tradition the entire family can enjoy together by making these festive Reindeer Pancake Recipes! Now go and make some! Guaranteed to add some holiday spirit to your gatherings this Christmas season.
I also created some fun Santa Pancakes. I dare say that the Santa version might be even cuter than the Reindeer Pancakes…but you will have to make that judgement for yourself! Check out my Santa Pancakes.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Orange Sweet Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Swirl Pancakes
- German Pancakes
- Pancake Poppers
- Peppermint Pancakes
- Peppermint Cinnamon Rolls
- Waffle Recipes
- French Toast Sticks
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Reindeer Pancakes
- 25 Christmas Breakfast Recipes
MY CHRISTMAS RECIPE EBOOKS
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.