*This post is sponsored by Minute Maid and is part of their amazing #doingood campaign, reminding parents of all the wonderful things – big and small- they do to make a difference in their children’s lives.
One of our family traditions is eating our favorite Orange Sweet Rolls on Christmas Morning.
One of the best ways to connect with my family is through creating and building family traditions. These traditions don’t have to be big or epic events. They can be simple ways that allow your family to interact with one another in a way that makes them feel like they belong.
I think as parents, we often wonder what effect our hard work is having on our children. Am I doing enough? Am I #doingood as a parent? These feelings can oftentimes be heightened during the holiday season. My oldest son recently moved out of state and mentioned that he has missed being a part of some of our most simple traditions.
Do you have any family traditions you enjoy together as a family? Try these Orange Sweet Rolls. They are a simple way to enjoy the holidays together.
Now I don’t know about you, but I am not actually the best roll or bread maker. It has kind of become a joke in our family. I can make just about anything else without a problem, but for some reason I struggle with rolls. BUT…these Orange Sweet Rolls and my Cinnamon Rolls actually turn out delicious every single time. This is a good thing…because I like to make them…and we all like to eat them.
Orange Sweet Rolls Recipe
2 and ¼ Tablespoons yeast
1 and ¾ cups warm water
½ cup honey
½ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs, beaten
4 to 6 cups flour, plus more if needed
¾ cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons Minute Maid orange juice
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons Minute Maid orange juice
½ cup heavy cream (add more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees, and then turn it off. The warm oven will create a warm controlled environment for your rolls to raise.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm water and yeast. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the honey, melted butter, salt and eggs. Use a whisk to combine.
- Using the dough hook on your stand mixer, slowly add 4 cups of flour and beat to combine. Mixture will be wet.
- Add ½ cup at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl but is still slightly sticky. This will be a wet dough, so don’t add too much flour. Your finger should stick to the dough but shouldn’t pull any dough away with it.
- Move dough to a well-oiled or buttered bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in warm oven that has been turned off.
- Allow dough to double in bulk, which will take about 45 minutes.
- After dough has risen, punch it down and roll it into a large rectangle, so it measures about 16×24 inches.
- Spread filling (see below) over the dough, then tightly roll into a cinnamon roll shape, starting at the long end of the dough.
- Using string or a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch pieces and place into a buttered 9×13 pan.
- Cover with a towel, and place back into warm oven. Allow to rise for a second time, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle glaze (see below) over the top of the warm rolls, and enjoy!
- Makes about 24 rolls.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Spread evenly over rolled dough.
- With a whisk, combine all ingredients until smooth. Glaze should be thin enough to pour, but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add more cream or sugar to achieve desired consistency.
They are so delicious, they might just become the star of your Christmas Breakfast every year like they are at our house. It’s not really Christmas if we don’t serve up a batch of these yummy Orange Sweet Rolls.
If you have any left, which is highly unlikely, you can whip up another batch and gift them to some of your family and friends during the holidays this year! To print the cute gift tags, simply click on the link below and save them to your computer or print them out.
As part of Minute Maid’s #doingood campaign, I want to celebrate your own parenting (or grand-parenting) journey. I am giving away a fun pack to help you celebrate #doingood within your own family. I shared more about this earlier in this post. I am giving a fun pack to someone who deserves it!
The fun pack includes:
- $300 Visa gift card
- 2 Minute Maid #doingood Journals (one for your family and one to give away to someone you think is #doingood)
- Canvas Print of a Family Photo (which you will submit to me if you are chosen)
Share ideas and inspiration on how you can celebrate great parenting and recognize others who are #doingood during the holidays on your Minute Maid #doingoodcontest Pinboard for a chance to win the #doingood holiday prize pack from Minute Maid. See this post for directions and rules.
Thanks to those of you who have already entered! If you haven’t, hurry on over and enter for your chance to win!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.