Learn how I made a DIY Dupe of the popular Studio McGee Evergreen Oval Framed Art. I love how easy it was to create a beautiful framed picture of a tree for my home for a lot less than the original tree wall art.
STUDIO MCGEE EVERGREEN OVAL FRAMED WALL ART
I have had my eye on a cute picture of an evergreen pine tree from Studio McGee that was sold at target. The picture was pretty popular and sold out several times. I tried to get one but it has been sold out for several months now. Evergreen pine trees are one of my favorite things because they remind me of all the time I have spent up in the mountains with my family and friends.
It would have been a great addition to my Christmas and winter decor. So…I decided to make one after seeing another post about someone making their own.
TARGET DUPE TREE PICTURE SUPPLIES
HOW TO MAKE STUDIO MCGEE EVERGREEN PICTURE DUPE
This picture is so simple to make.
- Simply take your oval picture frame and remove the protective covering on the plastic “glass” frame.
- Pick which evergreen tree picture you would like to display in the picture frame.
- Take the frame apart and use the back of the frame to trace how you will need to cut your evergreen photo.
- Trace with a pencil around the template on the back of the pine photo.
- Cut out the oval shape.
- Place the picture into the frame.
- Put the matte frame in the back of the picture to give it the right thickness. You won’t be able to use it in front of the picture because it cuts off the image, but you will want to keep it in the frame for the proper thickness.
- Reattach the oval picture frame on the back of the frame.
- Hang or display in your desired spot.
WHERE TO DISPLAY PINE TREE PICTURE
I looked at several areas in my home to see where I would like to display this photo and there were several areas where I really liked it. I ultimately decided to display it on my fireplace mantle.
- fireplace mantel
- book shelf
Here are the links to other items in this post if you are interested.
- evergreen towels
- similar wooden houses
- flocked white snowman
- wreath with bells
- wooden snowflake sign
- wooden snowflake (similar)
- glass soap and lotion dispenser
MORE DIY CHRISTMAS DECOR IDEAS
- How to hang wreath on cupboards
- Santa’s Key
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Whipped Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- DIY Christmas Farmhouse wreath
- Cute Santa Gift Tags from the North Pole
- North Pole Produce
- Gifts of Christmas Gift
- Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Christmas Crate
- Nativity Finger Puppets
- DIY Gingerbread House
- Cinnamon Salt Dough Ornaments in Snow Jars
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.