Today I am sharing how to hang a wreath with ribbon in several different areas in and around your home. Christmas wreaths will be a fun addition to your home and can be done easily and in just a few minutes when you follow my simple instructions.
MINI WREATH IDEAS
I love using wreaths in my Christmas decor! Hanging wreaths provide a warm and cozy feelings in your home for the Christmas holidays! I am sharing my tricks to hang the wreaths so they look clean and effortless!
WHERE CAN YOU HANG A WREATH WITH RIBBON?
There are so many places you can hang a mini wreath in your home for the holidays. One of my favorite places to hang them are on the backs of my kitchen chairs. You can hang the mini wreaths on some of your kitchen cabinets also. Mini wreaths make such a cute Christmas and Holiday decoration that takes just a few minutes to complete. Sharing some places that hanging wreaths would be so cute in the list below!
- kitchen chairs
- living room chairs
- kitchen cabinets
- inside door
- on a mirror
- over a window inside or outside the home
- on a large lantern
- on the post of the stairs
- front door
- on the front porch
- outdoor wreaths on lights
HOW TO ATTACH A BOW TO A WREATH
I prefer not to add a bow to my wreaths, but that is just a personal preference. If you want to add a bow go right ahead and add them. Do what makes you happy in your home. Simply follow my directions below for how to attach the ribbon and hang them over your cupboard doors (or other areas). Tie a bow as you normally would with a separate length of ribbon. Attach the bow the the wreath using a pin, wire or hot glue.
WHERE TO PLACE BOW ON A WREATH
Where you place the bow on the wreath is also a preference. I personally like the bow to sit right on top of the wreath if I were hanging it. The bow hanging from the bottom of the wreath is also a fun way to display it. Ribbon placement can also be at the top of the length of ribbon the wreath is hanging from up near the top of the cupboard bow.
Experiment with different bow placement before permanently attaching the bow to see what style you like the best!
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO HANG WREATH ON CUPBOARD DOOR
HOW TO HANG WREATH WITH RIBBON ON CUPBOARD
You could always use a wreath hanger to hang the wreath from your doors in and around your home, but mini wreaths are a little different. I love the look of the mini wreaths simply hanging from a strip of ribbon. But it can be hard to figure out how to attach the ribbon to the cupboard door so that it hangs nicely. I have a really simply solution for how to hang a wreath with a ribbon on your kitchen cupboards…and lots of other places!
WREATH HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
- Take your wreath and measure where you want it to sit on the front of the cupboard door (or other area you will be hanging it). Make sure you cut a piece of ribbon that is long enough to attach around the wreath and then go over the top of your door so you can attach it on the backside of the cupboard.
- Cut your ribbon to the correct size. I cut my length of ribbon to measure 16 inches.
- Take one end of your ribbon and place it through and around the top of the wreath and fold it over the other piece of ribbon. Leave enough space on the ribbon so you can staple the two ends together.
- Staple your ribbon together. I did three staples in each. This seems to hold really well.
- Then take the other end of the ribbon and hang it over the top of the door frame.
- Take a piece of packing tape and tape the ribbon to the inside of your door once you have your wreath in the correct placement. I always add two pieces of tape to make sure it is securely attached.
- *You can attach a mini wreath to the top of the window as well with this same method. Just run the ribbon over the top of the window and attach the ribbon with tape to the top inside of the window. The tape is pretty transparent and you can’t even tell you taped it on.
WHAT ELSE CAN I USE TO HANG A WREATH?
If you don’t want to use the way I shared to hang your wreaths, here are some other hanging mechanism ideas to give you some wreath hanging solutions!
- wreath hanger
- wreath hooks (adhesive hooks)
- command hook with command strips
- magnetic wreath hook
- thumb tacks
- push pins
- suction cup hook
- fishing line
- nail or screw
MORE DIY CHRISTMAS IDEAS
Here are some other fun ideas to create for your holiday and Christmas decor this year!
- Santa’s Key
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Whipped Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- DIY Christmas Farmhouse wreath
- Cute Santa Gift Tags from the North Pole
- North Pole Produce
- Gifts of Christmas Gift
- Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Christmas Crate
- Nativity Finger Puppets
- DIY Gingerbread House
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.