This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Learn how to make a personalized makeup bag using iron on vinyl with your Cricut. These makeup bags would make a great gift idea for Mother’s Day for the women in your life!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEA
IRON ON MAKEUP BAG
I decided to create a fun personalized makeup bag as part of this project. As women, I believe it is so important for us to be confident and let our own unique light and talents SHINE!
There have been many times in my journey as a business woman and mother that I have had to stretch myself in ways that were out of my comfort zone. And it’s important that all of use develop a confidence in our abilities to shine and succeed in the things we are striving to do and accomplish in our lives.
I created a simple gift idea for Mother’s Day that I am sharing with you so that you can create one for yourself or for the other amazing women in your lives who are working hard to do their best…It’s a fun little gift for women that can remind us to have confidence in herself!
I created this with the new Wild Rose Cricut Explore 2 machine that I introduced to you a few weeks ago back here in this post! I also shared a fun little project for your own office space if you are interested in checking that out!
MAKEUP BAG SUPPLIES
You will need the following supplies to personalize your makeup bag.
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2 Wild Rose
- EasyPressEasyPress Mat
- Cricut Iron On
- Cricut Tools
- canvas makeup bag
HOW TO MAKE PERSONALIZE MAKEUP BAGS
- Click on the green button “Make It” below to grab the .png file. You can convert it to an .svg file and upload it into your Cricut Design Space. I like this online svg converter.
- Cut the iron on material. Be sure to select the material as iron on and then mirror your image.
- Set the Cricut EasyPress temperature and timer to the setting that is recommended for your base material. Use this Interactive Quick Reference Guide to find the right settings.
- Preheat your base material with Cricut EasyPress for the recommended time in the Reference Guide.
- Then place your Cricut EasyPress onto your material and apply firm pressure for 1-3 seconds to pre-heat the material. Firm pressure means using two hands and substantial body weight. It’s best to use a table at waist height for ease in applying firm pressure.
- Place your iron on cut onto your makeup bag and make sure it is centered and where you want it. Apply the easy press to the iron on material for the amount of time and temperature suggested in the reference guide.
- Return Cricut EasyPress into its Safety Base.
- Remove the liner from the applied layer when it has cooled enough to be warm, not hot, to the touch. This is known as a warm peel. The adhesive will not be completely “set” at this time, but as you apply more heat with each additional layer, the adhesive for all layers will properly set.
- Flip your base material over and apply heat and firm pressure for 10-15 seconds to set your design.
Right now you get FREE Economy Shipping on orders $75+ to U.S. and Canada. Use code APRSHIP!
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
- Mother’s Day Coupon Book
- Handprint Oven Mitt
- Handprint Wall Sign
- Unique Mother’s Day Gifts
- Fingerprint Necklace
- Mother’s Day Pillow
- Scrapbook Gift Idea
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.