I love a great dessert…especially one that has raspberries in it. These Raspberry Pie Bars are so good and so easy to make. Your whole family will enjoy them.
If you are not a fan of raspberries you can easily sub out the raspberries for your favorite fruit. These would be just as tasty with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or even cherries!
The raspberries give this sweet treat just the right amount of tartness for the perfect combination! They are great for sharing or serving up at your next get together with friends and family. To make them even sweeter, top them off with a little bit of fresh whipping cream and a raspberry on top!
Go ahead and give them a try! I think you will love them as much as we do!
Raspberry Pie Bars
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
zest and juice of one lemon, divided
1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch slices
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups fresh raspberries
4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, cinnamon salt and lemon zest. Add the butter, egg and vanilla extra. Pulsing until dough is crumbly.
- Spread and press down half of the dough into the bottom of your prepared pan, saving the remaining dough for the crumble topping.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Gently mix in the raspberries. Sprinkle the raspberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
*Food Photography and styling by My Name Is Snickerdoodle.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!