On Sundays, my daughter usually likes to make something in the kitchen. So of course I am all for that. She has become quite the little baker. A couple of weeks ago she decided to make some Chocolate Chip Muffins from scratch. They turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself.
These Chocolate Chip Muffins have a great texture and consistency and are nice and moist but a little crispy on the edges, which in my opinion is a pretty good combination. Throw in some nuts or craisins in addition to the Chocolate Chips and you can kick them up another level.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups flour
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups chocolate chips (depending on your chocolate needs)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups. Or add muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tins to finish cooling.
These were a hit and if you double the recipe, you can freeze them and save them for later. We did just that and the kids were able to save some and throw them into their school lunches or grab as a quick and easy after school snack or a quick snack on their way to ballet or lacrosse practice.
These Chocolate Chip Muffins would also make a great addition to a shower or dinner party! But be sure to grab one while you can because these will not last long!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.