Another spa recipe? You bet! I just love coming up with new ways to use my doTerra essential oils. And…living in a dry, desert state has me craving some super yummy lotions and body butters, especially with the approach of summer time.
If you have been following along with me for a while, you will know of my love for my doTerra oils and of all things citrusy. One of my favorite oils is doTerra’s Wild Orange essential oils. It smells amazing. Sometimes I will just dab a little drop on my neck so that I can smell it all day long!
I decided to take it one step further and make a lovely, creamy cocoa body butter with it. You could substitute mango butter instead of cocoa butter and it would be equally as delicious. But, since I already had some cocoa butter on hand, I used that. I actually really loved the final outcome because the cocoa butter gives the body butter a hint of cocoa smell…so it smells like chocolate oranges…and you can’t go wrong with that.
This recipe is a great basic recipe and you should be able to substitute any essential oil with the Wild Orange oil to make a number of great smelling body butters (think chocolate mint, chocolate raspberry, cinnamon, etc). So, if orange isn’t your favorite, experiment with something that you are going to love!
Wild Orange Body Butter Recipe
1 cup shaved Cocoa Butter
8 drops of Vitamin E oil (optional)
8 drops of Wild Orange doTerra Essential Oil
1. Soften Cocoa Butter in the microwave if yours is hard. Do this by melting it in 5 second intervals. You want it soft like butter…not liquid.
2. Whip up the cocoa butter with a hand held beater (mixer) and slowly add your almond oil. I use less almond oil and just slowly add it till I have a good consistency.
3. Add in the Vitamin E oil and your essential oils and stir together to fully incorporate.
4. Store in an airtight container.
5. Only scoop the body butter out of the container with clean hands to prevent bacteria from growing in the body butter.
6. Should last for up to 3 months.
7. Use as a body lotion to make hands and skin soft, smooth and smelling amazing.
This makes a perfect gift for friends and family! Put it in a cute container and add this adorable printable Wild Orange Body Butter Label to finish it off nicely!
The labels can be printed off from here, which I am happy to share with you below. Simply print the label (which comes in a couple of different sizes to fit your needs) on white computer paper or white cardstock on your colored laser printer (this is keep it from bleeding ink if wet). Then cut it out with a circle punch or scissors and glue onto the container lid or side of the container with a simple glue stick. The labels look just like a real sticker label! If you want to reuse the container, all you have to do is soak the label in warm water and it comes right off!
If you would like to download the Wild Orange Body Butter Labels, click on the link below:
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out:
Join Us for New Ideas!