BLT Pasta Salad has bow-tie pasta, bacon, lettuce, and tomato with a creamy barbecue ranch dressing. This salad recipe is great for BBQ’s and get togethers with family and friends.
BLT MEANINGSummer is coming to an end quickly, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop enjoying a delicious summer salad recipe like this BLT Salad. It is one of our family’s favorite salad recipes. And it’s so simple and easy to make. Both are win wins! If you are unfamiliar with the term BLT, I am happy to break it down for you. BLT stands for Bacon, Lettuce and Tomatoes. Usually it is used in reference to a classic BLT sandwich…which are so delicious! But in this case, we use it to refer to bacon, lettuce and tomato in a salad with a little bit of bowtie pasta.
BLT PASTA SALADWith tomatoes in great abundance from home gardens, this BLT Pasta Salad is a great way to use them up. We love to slice up some cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes. I love the taste and size. We love this salad with some bowtie pasta thrown in and then drizzle it with a healthy serving of some delicious Barbecue Ranch Dressing. You really can’t go wrong with this super tasty combination!
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Orange Vinaigrette Dressing and Berry Salad
- Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Cold Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Spring Veggie Pasta Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing Recipe
TIPS FOR MAKING BLT SALADThere are a few things you can do to ensure your BLT Salad is the best it can be and has the best flavors. Here are some of our tips and instructions for making your BLT Salad extra tasty.
- use fresh ingredients
- be sure your lettuce is crisp and dry before adding to your bowl
- use homemade ranch dressing or a high quality ranch dressing you love
- add the cooked and sliced bite-sized pieces of bacon right before serving so it stays nice and crisp
- do not overcook your pasta so that it is not too soggy
RANCH DRESSING RECIPEIf you want to make your own Ranch Dressing you can use our simple Ranch Dressing recipe. It is so worth it to make a homemade ranch dressing for this BLT Salad! *To make the recipe the Barbecue Ranch Dressing that is called for in the BLT Salad, simply add 2 TBSP of your favorite Barbecue Sauce to the final ranch dressing.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
BLT PASTA SALAD RECIPE
BLT PASTA SALAD
This BLT pasta salad will be the favorite side dish at your cookouts and picnics this summer. Bacon, lettuce, tomato and bowtie pasta for a delicious salad combo.
- 2-1/2 cups bow tie pasta (uncooked) cook according to directions on package
- 6 cups romaine lettuce torn in bitesize piece
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ranch dressing *see homemade ranch dressing recipe in the post if desired
- 2 Tablespoon barbecue sauce mix in with your ranch dressing
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
Drizzle the barbecue ranch dressing sauce over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper. Serve immediately!
BLT SALAD RECIPE ADD-INSThere are a few things you can add to this salad to take it up a notch or two. If you would like to make this a main dish on a hot summer night, you can add the following to make it a more rounded dinner or just a take up your side dish a notch.
- grilled chicken
- slivered almonds
- diced cucumbers
- diced red onion
- sliced green onions
- lemon juice
SALAD SUPPLIESWe have rounded up some of our favorite salad making supplies and gathered them all here for you to have easy reference too. These supplies are perfect for your BLT SALAD making needs.
- Salad Dressing Bottles
- Citrus Zester
- Lemon Juicer
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Serving Tongs
- Magic Bullet
- Salad Spinner
- Wooden Teaspoon Set
- Avocado Tool
- Slotted Spoon
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.