Fall baking is the best! I love this time of year, don’t you? I always get excited to get back in the kitchen to bake delicious recipes when the weather starts changing. Things here are still super warm, but in just a few weeks things will start changing…and it’s never too early to start with the fall baking.
One of my kids favorite things for me to make are these Scones. This is one of our very favorite Scones Recipe.
I grew up enjoying these Scones with my own family and love that I can now share and enjoy them with my own kids! They are pretty easy to make and taste so good! We love to smother them with a little butter and some honey or homemade jam.
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp dry yeast
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. milk
4 1/2 cups flour
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups water
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Dough should be a little bit sticky.
- Add a little more flour if it is really sticking to your fingers.
- Cover in a bowl with a damp towel and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm area.
- Roll out onto a floured surface with a rolling pin so that the dough is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes on the counter top.
- Cut with a pizza cutter into squares.
- Fry in coconut oil on medium to a medium high heat until a nice golden brown and the center is not doughy.
- Serve with honey, jams, butter and or cinnamon and sugar.
I prefer to fry these scones in coconut oil. I think it adds a nice bit of flavor to the scones, but you are welcome to fry them in another oil if you prefer.
Go ahead and whip some of these bad boys up tonight! You will be so glad you did. They also store well in the fridge for the next day. All you have to do is warm them up in the microwave and they taste just as good as when they are fresh.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.