I am happy to have Emily from is this REALLY my life? sharing a yummy recipe perfect for summer. Emily is a bright and happy person. She is such a good friend and shares some really fun things over on her site. Be sure to head on over and take a look around!
Hello, everyone! This is Emily from is this REALLY my life? and I am super excited about sharing these no bake cookies with you for two reasons: one, they don’t require a 350-degree oven in the middle of summer; and two, this is my mom’s recipe and one of my all-time favorite cookies.
There’s something about the combination of chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal that makes these no-bake cookies irresistible. In fact, I eat them until the extreme intake of peanut butter causes multiple canker sores in my mouth.
And then I eat some more.
Avoid the oven, indulge your taste buds and give these no-bake cookies a try. But before you do, a bit of advice when it comes to boiling the butter/sugar/cocoa/milk mixture (because I’m all about others learning from my mistakes):
IF you boil the mixture too long, the cookies will harden at record speed and you may not be able to get them onto the waxed paper before they set.
IF you don’t boil it long enough, the batter may not set. In that case, you can either put them in the refrigerator, or my personal favorite, eat them with a spoon.
Makes approx. 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Natural Cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- Line counter with waxed paper, parchment paper or foil.
- Place oats and peanut butter in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour cocoa mixture into bowl with oats and peanut butter. Add vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Quickly drop by rounded tablespoons onto waxed paper. Eat while still warm or wait (if you can) until set.
Speaking of all-time favorite cookies, here are three of my latest faves:
What can I say? I love cookies. And cake. And cupcakes. And pie. And all things dessert.
A big thank-you to Amy and her invitation to guest post on The Idea Room. For more yummy recipes (and a bit of humor), you can visit me at isthisREALLYmylife.com.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!