Hey guys! I am sharing another family friendly recipe that the kids can make all by themselves! Or make them together as part of a fun Holiday tradition for movie night! This Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix is so good and so easy to make.
My girls love to bake! I love when they enjoy baking something together in the kitchen. So I am happy to find them recipes they can make. This recipe is also a great idea to make and give away as a fun and festive Holiday Gift.
Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix
6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1oz white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add granulated sugar and water; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until it can be stirred smooth.
- Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle white chocolate over snack mix; sprinkle with edible glitter. Cool until white chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
Go ahead and make some up right now! Gift it to your friends and family or serve at your next family party…or don’t! It’s pretty yummy to snack on while watching your favorite family movie snuggled up under a warm and cozy blanket.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!