If you are trying to stay away from sugar…you might want to avert your eyes…
These Trix Krispies are pretty darn tasty! They take the regular Rice Krispie Treats up several notches. I was at the store the other day and was planning on picking up some Lucky Charms to make into some “Rice Krispies” for the kids St. Patrick’s Day Treat (which I know has nothing to do with the real St. Paddy’s Day Celebrations…ha) when I spied some Trix Cereal.
We don’t usually buy a lot of sugared cereals, but the Trix caught my eye. I haven’t had Trix for years, but loved when my mom would buy it for us every once in a while when I was growing up! Trix Krispies sounded a lot more fun than Lucky Charms to me! So Trix Krispies it was! These are fun for St. Patrick’s Day or for Easter with all the fun Rainbow colors!
I allowed myself a small slice just to make sure they were tasty enough to share here with you…and I am happy to say that they passed the test. Everyone enjoyed them and the color alone makes them super fun and festive! You guys are lucky I work so hard to test these important things out for you! ;)
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Want to make some too? Here is the recipe:
8 cups Trix
7 cups Mini Marshmallows
1/3 cup Butter
a dash of Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by greasing it or lining it with tin foil.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly. Be careful not to burn them.
- When marshmallows are totally melted and smooth and creamy, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the vanilla and the salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Trix and stir so that the marshmallows are evenly distributed.
- Gently press the Trix Krispies into your pan. Don’t press too hard or you will break the Trix and make your Trix Krispies hard. (I sprinkled a few more Trix on the top to add some bright color).
- Let cool before serving.
Are you a fan of Rice Krispies?
You might also be interested in these Peanut Butter Rice Krispies aka Scotcheroos:
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.