Earlier I shared with you how I made these fun glittery heart milk bottles. Bottles that can be used to decorate your Valentine’s Day dinner or party. I had a few of you email me and ask me for the Chocolate Drop Cookie Recipe that I used to make this Chocolate Sandwich Heart Cookies.
This is one of our favorite drop cookie recipes. The best part about it is that you can add different chocolate chips like mint, peanut butter, white chocolate, toffee chips, nuts, caramel bits, etc. depending on your mood and taste preferences. Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 1/2 cup Shortening or Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup add ins (ie. choc. chips) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat Shortening and butter with a mixer on Med-High speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add half of the flour and mix it with the sugar, brown sugar, milk, cocoa, eggs, vanilla and baking soda.
- Beat thoroughly until combined.
- Mix in the remaining flour.
- Fold in any add ins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes till the edges are slightly crisp.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 48 cookies.
After the cookies have cooled completely you can take a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut the cookies into hearts.
Then slap on some of your favorite frosting between the flat sides of two cookies. Now…some of my kids don’t love chocolate cookies…I know…weird. So we had a couple of chocolate chip cookies left over from last Sunday when the kids were craving Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Serve these at a family party or give them away to friends and family!
How did I make the fun, glittery Valentine’s Day Glass Bottles? You can find that tutorial here:
Valentine’s Day Glass Gift and Milk Bottles
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!