This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make professional looking coasters with Cricut Infusible Ink. Sharing a step by step tutorial for Cricut Infusible Ink Coasters and tips and tricks for getting the best results. These fun Halloween Coasters are perfect for your Halloween party!
CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK
Have you seen Cricut’s new Infusible Ink? I love it so much! I shared with you a really fun Infusible Ink project a month ago when I made a tote bag for my daughter. You can check that out here.
Cricut The all-new Infusible Ink system delivers seamlessly smooth, professional-quality transfers that become one with your material – and last a lifetime. Because Infusible Ink heat transfers are permanently infused into your base material, they last as long as the project itself. No flaking, no peeling, no cracking, and no wrinkling.
CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK TRANSFER PAPER
Cricut has a wide variety of patterned and colored Infusible Ink transfer papers that you place onto your cutting mat and cut with your Cricut Maker. You can also use Infusible Ink Pens and transfer that color and design to your canvas material.
CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK BLANKS
Right now you can use Cricut’s compatible blank materials with the Infusible Ink. They include the following:
WHERE CAN I BUY CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK?
Cricut Infusible Ink was released this past June and is available at Michael’s Stores. The infusible ink will be released in other stores starting in October of 2019.
INFUSIBLE INK COASTERS SUPPLIES
- Cricut Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Green StandardGrip Cricut Mat
- Cricut Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet, black
- Cricut Infusible Ink Coasters, square (round ones)
- EasyPress 2 (or heat press)
- EasyPress Mat
- Butcher paper (comes with your transfer sheet)
HOW TO MAKE CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK COASTERS
Follow these direction to learn how to use Cricut Infusible Ink, specifically for coasters. These general directions can also be used on other infusible ink blanks with a slight adjustment here and there.
- First create a design in your Cricut Design Space. You can search “coasters” in Cricut Design Space for several ideas or you can create your own. The square infusible ink coasters from Cricut measure 3.75 inches by 3.75 inches. The round ones have a circumference of 3.6 inches.
- Or use my Halloween Coasters design which can be found here.
CUT YOUR DESIGN USING CRICUT MAKER OR EXPLORE AIR 2
- Place the Patterned or Colored Infusible Ink Transfer Paper (I used black transfer paper) onto a standard grip Cricut mat with the liner side down. The transfer paper will appear to not be very bright or vivid in color, but will become so when the heat is applied.
- Send your project to the maker by clicking on the Make It button.
- Be sure mirror your project and select your material by choosing the Infusible Ink option.
- Cut your project.
- Prepare the blank you will be infusing the ink on while the machine is cutting your transfer paper.
- Remove the project from the Cricut mat by peeling it carefully away.
- Weed out the excess paper that is not a part of your design you want transferred to your blank. This is really easy to peel and should be done with your fingers instead of your Cricut weeding tool so as not to damage it.
- Place your design onto your blank and make sure it is where you want it.
USE THE EASYPRESS TO TRANSFER CRICUT INFUSIBLE INK
- Use the tape to hold your project into place so it doesn’t accidentally slide a little bit and mess up your design. This step is important and shouldn’t be skipped over.
- Press your EasyPress on your design for the amount of time needed depending on your blank and the infusible ink you are using. You can find an easy Heat Guide here.
- For square coasters, follow these directions according to the Heat Guide referenced above:
- Set the EasyPress 2 to 400 degrees and hold onto your transfer paper for 60 seconds with no pressure. After the 60 seconds remove the EasyPress 2 and then let the transfer paper cool before peeling off the paper backing.
- Stacking Order
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- White Cardstock (80 lb) or 4 layers butcher paper
- Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet design, face down
- Cricut Square Coaster Blank, face up
- Butcher paper
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
HALLOWEEN DRINK COASTERS
Aren’t these Halloween Drink Coasters so much fun? I love being able to create unique party supplies and decor. These Halloween Coasters will be such a fun addition to your next Halloween party or to just use in your home as some Halloween decor!
Serve your guests a fun Halloween drink and let them use these Halloween drink coasters! Aren’t they fun? I think they would make a great Halloween gift as well!
- Halloween Pillow
- Trick or Treat Pillow
- Halloween Potions Book Cover Printable
- Halloween Spells Book Cover Printable
- Something Wicked This Way Comes Printable
- Halloween Gift Tags
- Drink Labels
- Halloween Sign Salem Broom Company
- DIY Halloween Ghosts
- Halloween Hand Sanitizer Labels
- Halloween Eyeballs Treat
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.