Looking for gift ideas for mom? We love unique Mothers Day Gift Ideas and Mothers Day Gifts for Grandma! We are sharing this Mothers Day Oven Mitt and a free Printable Mothers Day Poem.
MOTHERS DAY GIFT IDEAS
Mother’s Day is coming soon and chances are you are looking for a some presents for mom or grandma? Now you can make this adorable Handprint Oven Mitt with your little one’s handprint. It is so easy and Mom is going to love it!
I love gift ideas that are useful and practical, don’t you? This Mothers Day Oven Mitt is one of those Mothers Day gift ideas. I also love that it is a personalized Mothers Day Gift. When my kids were little, one of our favorite things to do together was baking.
They loved helping me bake cookies, bread or helping with the dinner preparations. This oven hand mitt is a fun way to remember their “helpful” hands when they were little. Sadly, most of my kids have hands larger than my own now…sigh! But for you with lots of little hands still, this is a fun way to remember and capture those tiny helping hands forever! And give Mom a gift she will cherish!
PRESENTS FOR MOM
You will need the following materials:
- Oven Hand Mitt
- Fabric Paint (I used white and red paint)
- Foam Brush
- Baker’s Twine (optional)
- Printable Mother’s Day Gift Tag (printable below)
MOTHERS DAY OVEN MITT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Take your oven mitt and place it on a flat surface.
- Take your child’s hand and paint a little fabric paint on the palm of their hand with a foam brush. Don’t do a lot of paint. If you paint it on so that it isn’t too thick you will get a little more definition of the hand rather than a large glob of paint. You may want to practice on a piece of paper first.
- Take the child’s hand and hold it steady with your own two hands and gently press it onto the fabric making sure that the entire hand is pressed on the oven mitt.
- Wash your child’s hand and then let the paint dry. If there are a few areas that did not get enough paint, you can take a small paint brush and touch up those areas.
- Take the red paint and paint a heart over the child’s palm print.
- Print out the free Mother’s Day Poem on some white card stock and attach it with some twine or baker’s twine.
MOTHERS DAY GIFTS IDEAS FOR KIDS
MOTHERS DAY POEM
I also created a fun little Mother’s Day Gift Tag to go along with the Handprint Oven Mitt. The printable includes this Mothers Day poem:
this little hand can wave hello
or put dirty smudges on your wall
it can touch your face or throw a kiss
or clasp your hand so I don’t fall
this hand helps you bake a cake
but most of all, this hand will stay
when I am grown and gone away
MORE GIFT IDEAS FOR MOM
- DIY Handprint Wall Sign
- Printable Mothers Day Coupons
- Fingerprint Necklaces
- DIY Personalized Washer Necklaces
- Photo Block Puzzle
- Mother’s Day Succulent Gift
- EOS Mother’s Day Card
- Tissue Paper Flower Pot
- Printable Recipe Book
- Mother’s Day Pillow
- Mother’s Day Sign
- Water Marbled Vase
- Garden Stepping Stones
MOTHER’S DAY PRINTABLE
To download the printable gift tag, simply click on the link below:
Interested in trying our delicious Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe in the photos? you can find that here:
Still in need some some additional Mother’s Day Gift Ideas?
Check out these Gift Ideas for Mom Round Ups!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.