We are sharing an Easy Sidewalk Chalk Art project that anyone can do. This Mosaic Sidewalk Chalk Art is a great way for the kids and adults to play outside.
A really simple and fun way to get outdoors and off of electronics is to create some chalk art on your driveway or sidewalks. There are so many creative ways to create art with sidewalk chalk. This is our favorite Sidewalk Chalk to use but you can pick some up almost anywhere nowadays.
HOW TO MAKE MOSAIC CHALK ART
Mosaic Chalk Art can be done a couple of different ways. We chose to do a rectangular shape chalk art, but you could do a heart, or a square…really any shape you want. Then you just make smaller sections inside the shape with the tape. Any shape will work. Just make sure you keep the tape even so that the lines will line up when you pull off the tape at the end.
We recently created this fun mosaic sidewalk chalk art using just the following two materials:
- To create your mosaic chalk art, sweep the area on your sidewalk that you will be using.
- Take your painter’s tape and tape off a square or rectangle if you don’t have a natural separation like we did.
- We wanted to make all of our spaces triangles, so just tape each section so that it forms a triangle. There is no rhyme or reason, just make them any size or shape you want.
- Run your hand along the tape so that it is sealed to the concrete and will give you crisp chalk lines.
- Color each section with a different color of chalk. We were pretty random with our colors but just made sure that we didn’t have two of the same colors next to each other.
- If you rub your fingers over the chalk, it will really smooth it out and fill in all the creases and bumps. This extra step was worth it for the overall look of the art at the end!
- When all the squares are filled in pull up the tape and enjoy your beautiful mosaic chalk art.
MOSAIC CHALK ART
Chalk art is a fun way to spend a couple of hours out in the sunshine…or shade depending on the time of year and where you live. We are going to try our hand at a few different shapes to add to this one! I love that this keeps the kids busy and entertained…and it’s actually a lot of fun that mom and dad and the older teenagers will want to join in the fun too!
Pretty satisfying right?! If you enjoyed this activity, you might be interested in checking out some of our other fun Activities for Kids. There are some great ideas for you and your family to enjoy while you have a little extra time at home together.
ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Here are a variety of ideas you can enjoy with the kids.
- Outdoor Water Activites
- Summer Craft Ideas
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- DIY Backyard Ideas for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Summer Punch Card
- Unplugged Summer Activities Printable
- Homemade Slushie
- PVC Sprinkler
- Summer Boredom Buster
- Printable Cootie Catcher
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- Marshmallow and Toothpick Buildings
- Bubble Bath Playdough
- Dish Soap Silly Putty
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Ice Cream in a Bag
- Make a Bouncy Ball
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.